Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and iCasino across the US. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Data team. As a Data Engineer, your main goal is to be one step ahead of data scientists and business intelligence analysts. You will support them by providing infrastructure and tools they can use to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems that can be developed rapidly and maintained easily. This is more than building and maintaining ETL pipelines. We need innovation, creativity, and solutions that will have a significant impact on the client’s velocity.
- Design, implement, deploy and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics and data science
- Develop the end-to-end automation of data pipelines, making datasets readily-consumable by visualization tools and notification systems
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies
- Building robust pipelines for the continuous and non-intrusive collection of system data from our applications, and ensuring that the data is consistent and reliable.
- Working with the software and product teams in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Identifying trends and anomalies in the application data to build monitoring systems and automated processes to optimize system performance and manage failures.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple conflicting requirements with high attention to detail.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service modeling and production support for customers
- Build, improve, and maintain ELT pipelines and help scale our data warehouse
- Improve the foundations of our streaming data capabilities
- Write and maintain Terraform to safely deploy tools and services
- 2+ years professional experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience in software engineering or operations in a full-stack development environment
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
- Experience with Airflow or similar tools
- Experience with DBT or similar tools
- Experience with API integration to automate business processes, and enhance the sharing and embedding of data between various applications and systems
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS (eg. Redshift, Lambda, Glue, Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, etc.)
- Experience provisioning services using Docker, Kubernetes with Terraform, Cloudwatch, GitHub, etc.
- Ability to convert complex problems into concrete requirements and build innovative solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and empathetically with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bonus: Experience in any of Tableau, Mode, Datadog, Looker, ThoughtSpot, etc
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
- A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K saving & matching program
- Collaborate and flexible working environments