DATA ENGINEER – MID/SENIOR – INSURANCE
Our client, a Times Top 30 major UK insurer, is looking for a Data Engineer (Mid/Senior) to join a machine learning team in a major UK insurer's Pricing and Underwriting function. Under the direction of a thought leader in data science and machine learning, as a Data Engineer you'll have flexibility to architect the data appropriately to leverage vast data resources, support data mining and test the value of new data.
About our client
They're a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They're a modern and progressive group and pride themselves on their innovative risk modelling, data science and machine learning expertise.
Hybrid working, typically once a week in the office at one of the following locations: Central Manchester or Haywards Heath (West Sussex).
Competitive Salary and benefits package, based on experience
Key tasks will include but not limited to:
- Own an internal data model that captures the internal technical requirements
- Implement the data resource in an integrated environment supporting cloud-based data mining, scalable modelling
- Integrate the data requirements across underwriting, risk modelling, pricing and machine learning.
- Work closely with the technical functions to integrate the data resource into automated reporting and modelling pipelines.
- Develop data validation processes and create regular data feeds/updates.
- Create tools and processes to test new data resources, feeding into established modelling pipelines
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in data engineering, preferably as DBA
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and performance analysis of queries
- Good knowledge of non-structured database solutions
- Proficient at communicating results in a concise manner both verbally and written