Data Engineer III
Duration – 11 months
Our team is looking for a Data Engineer to help us to grow our business and support our mission to be the daily destination for fashion worldwide. You will be part of an innovative of data engineers who are continuously raising the bar in building and maintaining best-in-class data infrastructures for an enterprise level data warehouse, built using the latest technologies and services. Our engineers learn from and contribute to one of the strongest technology groups in the world, with access to the world's best cloud computing infrastructure.
* Design and build infrastructure required for data extraction and transformation leveraging 'big data' technologies
* Explore and learn the latest technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
* Work with complex structured and unstructured data (batch and streaming)
* Implementing best practices for software development and documentation, ensuring designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality work on tight schedules
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
Required Skills & Experience
* 7+ years of Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
* Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
* Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
* Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects using TEAM technologies – Redshift, Data-pipeline, Lambda, Athena, S3, EC2 and other big data technologies
* Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (e.g. Cognos, Tableau, Quick Sight etc.)
* Proven success in communicating with users, other technical s, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy