Our team is looking for a talented data engineer to build, maintain, and enhance our data platform & solutions. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting scalable data infrastructure, pipelines, and models used across our entire organization. You will help build the foundation & processes that drive insights and key business decision-making across all our teams, with a focus on thinking big and moving quickly.
- Work with various teams (Engineering, Product, Finance, Support, etc.) to extract, load, and transform data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and software like dbt, AWS, etc.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure integrity and accuracy of all data
- Work closely with business analysts, as well as other stakeholders from support, finance, sales, success, marketing, and product to understand the data needs and produce processes that support better decision-making
- Design and implement scalable ELT jobs and pipelines as our data and needs grow, continually enhancing reliability & performance
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, STEM, or a related technical discipline
- Data warehousing experience with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Hands-on experience with data modelling, data warehousing, and building data pipelines
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specifications
- Experience in SQL
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modelling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Experience implementing data warehouse best practices and principles
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle
- Experience building flexible data APIs to power other parts of the business
- Knowledge of orchestration tools like Airflow