Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Data Engineer, you will be working with Electronic Medical Records, Billing, and other data types that we receive from our health care provider clients. You will be responsible for end-to-end operation of data pipeline for multiple products, operational reliability and maintaining proprietary and customized ETL processing for new clients and provide support for existing clients in value stream. In all cases, you will be responsible for monitoring performance and reliability of data pipeline, validating data and resolving issues that impede data delivery and SLA compliance. You will be responsible for understanding the incoming data, independently perform system investigation to research and resolve production issues with complex ETL workflows and preform root cause analysis and implementing corrective action.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the production data refresh process
- Monitor production processes & jobs; assist in troubleshooting issues as they arise and triage/address issues in a time sensitive and timely manner
- Coordinate with Offshore Data Analyst team daily to execute production operations tasks
- Build and improve standard operation procedures and troubleshooting documents
- Help to design processes to increase operational reliability across the data pipeline
- Report on metrics to surface meaningful results, bottlenecks and identify areas for efficiency gain
- Work with developments teams to define requirements and drive implementation of tools, features, automation necessary for smooth functioning of production operations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or other related field in technology
- 2+ years of experience working with, analyzing, and understanding data using SQL
- 2+ years of experience supporting client solutions on AWS Cloud platform
- 2+ years of experience data analysis, identification of data anomalies and inconsistencies via process of reviewing key metrics and quality thresholds
- 2+ years of experience working with globally distributed teams to execute daily tasks
- Ability to provide after-hours support on weekdays and during weekends when issues arise and to support scheduled activities
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, PERL
- Experience or familiarity with AWS, Hadoop and Big Data concepts
- Experience working across teams (Development, Business, Product Management etc.) and proven track record in solution focused problem-solving skills
- An eye for improving technical and business processes with proven experience creating standard operating procedures and other technical process documentation
- Highly analytical, curious and creative
- Solid organization skills, very detail oriented, with careful attention to work processes
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and follows through hand-offs to other groups
- Ability to work creatively and flexibly, both independently and as part of a team
- Solid communication skills at all levels of stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- Enjoys a fast paced environment and the opportunity to learn new skills
- High-performing, motivated and goal-driven
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.