We are currently sourcing for a Data Engineer to work in Durham, NC OR Boston, MA!
PI Data Engineering team (part of PI Technology BU) is passionate about delivery data solutions for the organization. As part of this team you will responsible for building sophisticated analytics solutions using various cloud technologies and collaborating with business units across Fidelity. You will be part of a team that is building a Snowflake based enterprise-wide Data Lake on AWS.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, build and maintain large scale data processing systems. Apply variety of technologies to develop innovative data solutions. This role is a critical element to delivering Fidelityu00E2u20ACu2122s promise of crafting the best customer experiences in financial services.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Has Bacheloru00E2u20ACu2122s or Primaryu00E2u20ACu2122s Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- 5u002B years of experience in implementing data solutions in data analytics space
- 1-2 years of experience in developing data applications in Cloud (AWS)
- Extensive experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python), data movement technologies (ETL/ELT), Messaging Technologies (ActiveMQ, Kafka), Relational and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Spark, Elastic search, Graph database), Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, HBase), API and in-memory technologies.
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed systems using Open source technologies
- Experience in Java, Python, Unix scripting or related programming languages.
- Understanding of Machine Learning is preferable.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Chef, Docker)
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM)
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- You have strong technical design and analysis skill
- You the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced environment
- Your deep experience supporting critically important applications quickly
- You have excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
- Your ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements
- Knowledge and technology trends in implementing of data ecosystem
- Strategizing and critical problem-solving skills
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. Youu00E2u20ACu2122ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working u00E2u20ACu201C Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so youu00E2u20ACu2122ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person u00E2u20ACu201C face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at HR@ ftsjobs.com.
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.