Location: Work From Home – UK Permanent Contract: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Williams Lea seeks a Data Engineer to join our team!
Williams Lea is the leading global provider of skilled business-critical support services to financial, legal and professional services firms.
Sound good so far? Then this is the perfect position for you and you are just the individual that we are looking for!
The Data Engineer will create and maintain reporting data stores, data pipelines, and transformations that support business critical reports for internal and external customers. The Data Engineer works collaboratively with the Data & Analytics team as well as other technical SMEs to solve organizational problems through reporting data products, analysis, and data visualization. The Data Engineer will provide enterprise-wide expertise on ETL and data storage best practice including query logic, automation, optimization, and integration. The candidate will need to be a creative problem-solver, contribute to the entire life cycle of product development, and be able to maintain organized environment documentation. These reports will be used at the highest levels of the organization for making decisions that contribute to net revenue gains. The successful candidate will be an individual contributor, self-starter, and comfortable working in a global environment.
- Participate in requirements gathering and feasibility analysis
- Design, develop, and maintain reporting data stores, data pipelines, and transformation packages supporting internal reports as well as reports embedded in client-facing portal
- Create and maintain a homogenous self-service reporting environment integrated with multiple source systems
- Continuously maintain knowledge of the latest developments in ETL tools, capability, and best practices.
- Team player with ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the business
- Capable of working through competing priorities and delivering on time
- Drive, energy, and enthusiasm
- Ability to find solutions to problems by thinking outside of the box
- Continually develops self and domain expertise
- Resilience and flexibility
- Self-managed and disciplined
- Possesses a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative – a self-starter who can manage their time effectively against the objectives of the assigned projects
- Clear, confident, and professional communicator
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years experience designing, building, and maintaining relational databases, complex queries, stored procedures, and data models in cloud computing environment.
- 1+ years experience with AWS cloud services including RDS and Redshift
- 1+ years experience cloud ETL tools such as AWS Glue or Azure Data Factory
- Advanced proficiency with SQL required
- Experience connecting various source systems using APIs and/or ETL pipelines required
- Experience with metadata tools such as Collibra, a plus
- Experience with Power BI or other enterprise BI platforms, a plus
- Experience with Python / R, a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development principles
- Ability to convert business requirements into functional requirements
- Excellent logical decision-making capabilities
- Adaptability and ability to manage stressful situations
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple, easy to understand terms
- Business analysis and problem-solving skills
Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance/Life Assurance, Company Pension, Corporate Eye Care, Personal Accident and Company Sick Pay. Additional benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Gym Membership, Charity Donations, Employee Offers, Retail Vouchers and Season Ticket Loan are offered at a discount on a salary sacrifice basis. You will also have the opportunity to work for a global employer; and dedicated to offering each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career with future career development prospects.
The Company values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (each of these being a protected characteristic in discrimination law). It will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values openness, fairness and transparency.
Please note: Due to the high volume of responses received for this role we will not be able to contact all applicants directly. If you have not heard from us in four weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.