PPM America ("PPM") is looking to recruit a Microsoft development professional to join PPM's IT Application Development Team in Chicago. As a Data Engineer on the Data Solutions team, you will act as an internal consultant to all levels of the business with regards to data-based solutions.
As a Data Engineer on the Data Solutions team, you will act as an internal consultant to the business with regards to PPM's data management, data modeling, and data architecture solutions. The position is responsible for full life cycle development of internally developed data solutions (including requirements gathering and analysis), integration of vendor packages into the overall data/application architecture of the firm, and integration and maintenance of internal and external data sources that populate the firm's primary data warehouse and the firm's numerous data marts.
In addition to the management and modeling of data, the Data Solutions team is also responsible for the development and support of several business-critical reporting systems that are utilized within PPM. Examples include the firm's primary business intelligence tool, Microsoft PowerBI, and a variety of internally developed customized quantitative and front/back/middle office reporting tools. The selected candidate will help establish standards, automation, and repeatability to keep the environment stable and reduce risk.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills, leading to successful interactions with a diverse group of individuals that demonstrate a wide range of financial and technical sophistication.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision in leading complex assignments and works well in a team.
- Ability to work through data model design and architecture topics.
- Ability to work through all stages of the data solutions life cycle, including requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Experience designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting SQL Server 2017+ via T-SQL.
- Experience building SQL Server Analysis Services Models using Visual Studio Data Tools.
- Experience with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) is required.
- Experienced in integrating third-party data solutions.
- Working knowledge of C# .NET is preferred.
- Financial industry experience preferred, in a technology setting.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of relevant data engineering experience required in:
- Data Warehousing: Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processing
- Data Modeling: SQL Server Analysis Services
Equal Employment Opportunity PPM America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we base our employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, non-job related disability, pregnancy or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.