Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
As the Senior Data Engineer, you'll be joining the Digital Policing function and play a key role in providing effective data solutions but will equally understand the impact of a data failure to the business and support the user through the experience to its resolution.
You will work with end users, Technology Partners, and Enterprise Architects alike to fully understand the challenges faced by the business and appreciate Force data requirements with a view to crafting innovative and effective solutions to meet those challenges. Alongside existing system support you will enable and deliver new data platforms which require proven experience of replication/change data capture and delivery of orchestrated solutions from source to the data warehouse, vault, or lake.
We are on the lookout for solutions to be simple to operate, easy to fix, and hard to break given that data and information is critical to the Policing service. You will be able to provide input to the data strategy with a keen interest in future innovation seeking the opportunity to work with and support Business Operational Intelligence and data science and engineering arenas.
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of data solutions that meet standards, embedding reusable metadata, and maintaining support processes while delivering data solutions that support Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes.
- You will also ensure data integrity and quality through effective testing of your data solutions and through the affective use of policy and procedure, standards, frameworks, and tools.
- You will work with end users and affiliated stakeholders to understand the challenges that are being experienced to ensure any solution or fix delivered contributes to an efficient and effective policing service.
- A degree, HND or equivalent qualification, and/or significant relevant experience
- Proficient communication skills to bridge the gap between technical and business language to ensure shared understanding and effective solution delivery
- Proven data analysis and delivery experience in data integration including in a data warehouse environment and an expert in SQL while using ETL technology (e.g. SSIS, T-SQL, ODI, and PL/SQL)
- Proven experience of relational and dimensional design and modelling
- Strong experience in handling multiple data types beyond traditional RDMS, CDC, and file types with knowledge and experience of at least some areas of NoSQL, JSON, API, Python, Cloud, and data lake data integration
- Knowledge of data interoperability and Integration frameworks and best practice
- Extensive experience in managing various data software packages
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.