We are happy to discuss remote or hybrid working
At CGI we do complex things well. We're at the forefront of helping our clients expose the value held in data, drive their transformation needs and put Data Engineering at the very heart of their business. CGI embraces a culture of experimentation, and a constant drive for continuous improvement and learning. Our UK data and analytics practice is expected to continue to grow and we're looking for great talent to join us on this truly exciting journey.
You're a talented Data Engineer who likes a challenge. Our clients are looking to build the very best Data Engineering solutions that possess the transformative power to help them adopt data-enabled services into the very fabric of what they do. From the implementation of ETL/ELT pipelines into critical infrastructure, all the way through to harnessing streaming data for digital service needs; the opportunity to develop, learn and create is here. You'll help support the creation of solutions using the likes of python, Spark and bring a good understanding of DevOps process and how to implement best-in-class CI/CD pipelines, but equally you will bring the ability to work collaboratively with clients and help lead them on their journey to reap the benefits of data.
CGI was voted a 'Best Workplace' by Great Place To Work in 2021, and offers a competitive salary, excellent pension, private healthcare, plus a share scheme (3% + 3% matching) which makes you a member not just an employee. We are committed to inclusivity, building a genuinely diverse community of tech talent and inspiring more women to pursue careers in our sector. We won 'Best Tech Employer' at the 2022 Women in Tech Employer Awards.
We are happy to discuss remote or hybrid working.
At CGI you'll be part of an open, friendly community of experts. We'll train and support you in taking your career wherever you want it to go.
Your future duties and responsibilities
We're a large, global consultancy, with a local market focus. With collaboration at the very top of our agenda, we have a strong emphasis on teamwork and promote the drive to help each other reach the very best of our potential. With hybrid work schedules, strong support of personal development goals and extra-curricular activities (Volunteering, Athletics etc.) and a high value placed upon wellbeing, your career at CGI will be both challenging yet ultimately rewarding.
You're able to connect with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. Our junior team members are always looking for role models and you'll relish the opportunity to help shape the next generation of Data Engineering specialists and support building out our growing UK Centre of Excellence and lead from the front.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
We're looking for great people to join a great culture. We don't expect everyone to have all of the skills below, but you're the type of person who has the ability to get there quickly:
– BS/BA/Masters in STEM background
– Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, namely Python, Spark, PySpark, Scala. Solid level of SQL
– Can work across one or more of the common cloud environments Azure/AWS/GCP with a good understanding of DataBricks
– Experience with noSQL database technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra, neo4j etc.
– Experience of visualisation tools such as, PowerBI, Tableau etc.
– API implementation and management skills using cloud native tools or WS02, Apigee.
– Streaming frameworks like Kafka
– Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices across Data Engineering field and awareness of where this discipline relates and adds value to other business domain areas
– Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
– Passionate about building an innovative culture
– Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
– Ability to see the road ahead and design reusable code
– People management (Nice to Have)
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today-one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI-where your ideas and actions make a difference.