Data Engineer – Fully Remote – up to 55K
- The Data Engineer will propose and implement solutions using a range of AWS infrastructure, including S3, Redshift, Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, AWS Glue and Matillion.
- They will liaise with clients to define requirements, refine solutions and ultimately hand over to clients’ own technical teams.
- The ideal candidate will have exposure to CI/CD processes, or at least be keen to learn – our clients love infrastructure as code; and we like our engineers to own the deployment of their work.
- Candidates should delight in creating something from nothing on greenfield projects. We’re looking for people who can’t let go of interesting problems.
- We need people who can work independently; but we’re a close-knit, supportive team – we like to learn new things and share our ideas, so that clients get the best return on their investments.
Essential experience:* Experience in analysing and cleansing data using a variety of tools and techniques.* Familiarity with AWS data lake related components.* Hands on experience with Redshift, Glue and S3.* Extensive experience of ETL and using patterns for cloud data warehouse solution (e.g. ELT).* Hands on experience with Matillion* Familiarity with variety of Databases, incl. structured RDBMS.* Experience in working with a variety of data formats, JSON, XML, CSV, Parquet etc.* Experience with building and maintaining data dictionaries / meta-data.* Experience of Linux and cloud environments.* Data Visualisation Technologies (e.g. Amazon QuickSight, Tableau, Looker, QlikSense).Desirable experience:* Familiarity with large data techniques (Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark etc.)* Familiarity with providing data via a micro service API.