- We are proud to be a diverse employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds
- Hybrid working for a better work/ life balance
- Develop something new – see the results!
- Work for an iconic business and do things never before achieved within our industry
- Competitive base + 11% pension, management level bonus, free parking and other corporate benefits
- Based above Manchester Airport's Train/ Tram station
Part of a Manchester Airport Group, MAGO is a truly agile eCommerce business that incapsulates innovation and the art of the possible. We offer the opportunity to build advanced eCommerce and distribution single platform systems, capable of supporting global scale used by airport clients across the world.
We aim to be the leading airport focused e-commerce business the world. With a Data First approach, driven by our Data Science Team, MAGO 's focus is to create new and exciting class leading physical and digital B2B services and associated product for our clients and provide ever evolving digital eCommerce platforms that service passengers at every step of the customer journey.
We understand that you want to continue developing your skills and we want to invest in you with tailored development plans along with training including AWS Certification; Udemy courses, online learning, exam vouchers, development days, tickets to conferences and ad-hoc courses and training material as required.
This Data Engineer position is a key component in the growth of the Data Science team. Supporting the existing team of data scientists, data engineers and analysts, this role will help provide the glue that enables the team to capitalise on the data assets the business has, and drive value from the insight we extract. We develop advanced and actionable data-driven insight to increase the efficiency of our marketing and ecommerce, increase customer lifetime value, improving customer experience, and open new business opportunities.
We're working on a host of projects – from integrations with client systems and third parties, to building out a data warehouse capable of handling batch and streamed data; machine learning tools for forecasting, customer insight and prediction; real-time reporting for the whole organization.
This is an exciting role for anyone who wants to build something new and see the fruits of their labour put into action in a large platform as we deliver (using agile principles of incremental deployment) a completely new, globally unique product to new and existing clients worldwide. Moreover, you will be working within a tech literate business with people across all departments who share the same product goals
As the successful candidate, you can expect to work on:
- Building infrastructure to support analytics,
- Productionising machine learning models,
- Enabling data science functions
- Building architecture to incorporate international networks of clients and suppliers
As the successful individual, you will have experience working as a Data Engineer, ideally in the direct support of data science activities, be a genuine self-starter, and eager to support our business in tackling real world strategic business and customer problems.
You will have in-depth practical experience with AWS and will be comfortable leveraging services such as EC2, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, and Batch. Further, you'll be able to help shape our evolving data science environment. You will have expert experience with Python, detailed SQL knowledge, and be used to dealing with API services to ingest and process data. Experience of supporting data users working with Python or R is advantageous.
You must be naturally inquisitive and unafraid to offer solutions in a supportive and collaborative manner. You will need to be able to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and be a supporting team player. As a growing team within MAGO , you will have the opportunity to help shape how we operate, work with the latest technologies, and grow your skills, experience, and responsibilities.
What are we offering?
- A company that is inclusive and tolerant to all
- Flexible working approach (not just during Covid, but ongoing)
- Strong base salary (on experience) + 11% pension and bonus
- Free parking and significantly subsidised public transport
- Discounts on company products
- 25 days Holiday entitlement (plus the ability to buy more)
- Great work culture: the feel of a tech start-up with the backing of a global corporate with fantastic career development and advancement opportunities
- Based above a train/ tram station for an easy commute (when not working from home!)
- Free coffee/ gym/ break out areas/ great company culture and approach
- AWS Certification (if needed) / online training/ exam vouchers/ tickets to events etc.
MAG is a values led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. At MAG we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, MAG wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the job application process, interview process and whilst at work. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this to happen.
We intend to move quickly, so please apply today!