At iPipeline, we pride ourselves on our culture. We believe in an enthusiastic atmosphere, encourage innovation, depend on creativity, and strive for success. We value our employees and understand that our continued success as a company relies heavily on the success of every individual. Our employees describe iPipeline offices as fun, energetic, ‘can do’, professional environments.
We empower our people and provide them with the opportunity to pursue personal growth and career aspirations. We work hard and play hard. We celebrate success.
As the market leader in our industry, we deliver ground-breaking and award-winning technology to the financial services industry. Working at iPipeline allows you to play a huge part in making it easier for our customers to protect and secure the financial futures of consumers’ families.
YOU CAN ENJOY:
- Innovative, inclusive and focused environment
- Flexible working
- Work/life balance
- New, contemporary, open-plan office space
- Company matched pension benefits
- Generous Life and Critical Illness Cover
- Perkbox membership (discounts and freebies)
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Well stocked kitchen of free soft drinks, tea, coffee and fruit
- An annual wellness allowance to keep you happy and healthy
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We have an exciting opportunity for a proven Data Engineer to develop and enhance iPipeline’s data warehouse platform, the core foundation of iPipeline’s Data Analytics offering. This role sits within the Data Operations Team, working closely with the Data Analytics team to support a wide range of data driven solutions. Our future plans include moving our MI proposition to the cloud and part of this role will be to drive that forward.
- Data warehouse design and implementation, including partitioning, indexing and other technologies
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to ensure database design, database performance and current ETL processes meet business requirements
- Design and maintenance of ETL processes as required, primarily using SSIS
- Troubleshooting any MI and ETL issues
- Identifying any opportunities for enhancing existing ETL processes
- Solid background in SQL Server, with demonstrable experience in data warehousing
- Good level of technical experience across the Microsoft SQL stack: T-SQL, SQL Server 2016 and above and SSIS.
- SQL Server performance tuning skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience of translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Experience of supporting SQL Server in a production environment
- Familiarity with source control systems such as GitHub or Azure DevOps
- Strong understanding of GDPR and principles of data masking and/or anonymisation
- Ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of disciplines
- Knowledge of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
o Database deployment processes
o SSRS administration
- Experience within financial services also an advantage
DON’T HAVE EVERYTHING WE’VE ASKED FOR?
You might not have everything listed above but you might have some valuable transferable skills and experience.
You might be returning from a career break or feel you have taken a wrong turn in your career.
At iPipeline, it’s about you and what makes you tick, not ticking every box.