Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
• Create and maintain an efficient data pipeline architecture focussed upon network data, including real-time and batch data sources.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
• Build batch/streaming ELT/ETL solutions from a wide variety of data sources in varying formats (SQL, JSON, AVRO, HTTP, API, etc.) using the right blend of tools.
• Keep our data compliant, relevant, and secured across multiple data centres and regions.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, and evolving current solutions whilst ensuring continuity of service.
• Create data tools for data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimising into an innovative industry leader.
• Guide and collaborate with data consumers on analytics, tooling, and platform related queries.
What you'll bring:
• Graduate degree BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar. Strong communications skills.
• SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases. Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management. A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
• Hands-on experience in building scalable data platforms.
• Ideally an awareness of network technologies and concepts or an insatiable desire to learn.
• Apache Airflow / NiFi / Kafka / ZooKeeper
• Confluent ecosystem (Connect / Schema Registry / ksqlDB)
• GCP (BigQuery, Dataflow, Pub/Sub, IAM)
• Linux / Terraform / Ansible
• Python / Docker (Nice to have)
Group Communications and Infrastructure:
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you'll work alongside experts in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We're the team that designs, builds, supports, and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the amazing content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
• Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
• A generous pension package
• Private healthcare
• Discounted mobile and broadband
• Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Brick Lane office is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and varied community; close to street food, cafes, and shops.
The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10-minute walk.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed 30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for growing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more passionate about who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Job ID: 60767Job Area: Network