Experis, a ManpowerGroup company, has an exciting contract opportunity with one of our key clients, which is the leading financial services-based company in the US. It operates a brokerage firm, manages a large family of mutual funds, and provides fund distribution and investment advice, retirement services, index funds, wealth management, cryptocurrency, securities execution and clearance, asset custody, and life insurance.
Job Title: Data Engineer
Duration: 6 Months (Possible Extension)
Location: Durham, NC 27713
The client's Enterprise Cyber Security group is seeking a Data Engineer to build and maintain the ecosystem that manages associates' digital identity and access entitlements from onboarding through to separation. Our vision is to empower client associates to succeed by making access and insider threat services flawless, secure, and appropriate. In this role, you will be responsible for demonstrating your scripting and ETL expertise to establish and run platform integrations. Located in Durham you will work with engineers, product owners, architects, business partners, and customers in the US and across our global sites.
The expertise you bring:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a technology-related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) is required.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL
- 5+ years of ETL/data migration experience (SSIS, Informatica)
- 3 – 5 years of scripting languages experience in Python, PowerShell
- Experience with Postman/API development or interaction
- Experience in agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM)
The skills you bring
- Strong technical design and analysis skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep experience supporting critically important applications quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization.
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements.
- Solid understanding and technology trends in implementing business applications
- Strong teammate and ability to mentor junior team members Critical problem-solving skills
- The Value you Deliver Crafting, building, and supporting mission-critical solutions for applications to provide the best customer experience
- Exploring new technology trends and using them to simplify and modernize our ecosystem.
- Driving Innovation and influencing the team to implement solutions with future thinking.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for business needs.
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and productivity
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Acting as a technical mentor to the team and bringing them up to speed on the latest data technologies and promoting continuous learning
- SQL is an absolute must for this role.
- They are not building a lot of new existing processes; this is supporting existing processes for current development taking place.
- API integration knowledge Informatica is a nice to have, if they are interested in data transformation that is great.
- PowerShell Scripting is a Plus.