Data Engineer Cardiff
40,000 – 50,000 per annum + excellent benefits & bonus.Key Words: Python, R, ETL, Tensorflow, Keras, SAMD, Data Pipelines, ISO13485, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, TRE
We are proud to partner with a South Wales based organisation that are scaling up in the medical device space to support products and services that will have a hugely positive social impact. Our client are recruiting for a Data Engineer who will be responsible for curating datasets to train and validate machine learning models that will be built into existing and new products. By improving the efficiency of machine learning processes you will allow the business to solve complex problems and deliver class-leading products and services.
Working in a cross-functional project team you will use your strong Python programming skills to design, build and maintain efficient and robust data architectures and ETL pipelines. Previous experience or knowledge of working in an ISO13485 would be useful as the software the client develops is regulated as a medical device and requires approval by regulatory agencies such as the FDA and MHRA.
- Preparing datasets to support the production, testing, and validation of machine learning models.
- Building data systems and pipelines to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Maintaining and extending processes and systems to manage, curate and process medical image data.
- Developing, supporting, and enhancing internal tools and services.
To succeed in this role you will need exposure to some of the following:
- Proven commercial data engineering experience.
- Strong Python programming skills.
- Experience of designing, building, and maintaining efficient and robust data architectures, and ETL pipelines.
- Great numerical and analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail and a desire to seek out challenges and provide proactive solutions.
- Previous experience of managing large volumes of data from complex real-world problems.
- Knowledge or understanding of different software engineering methodologies.
- BI / Reporting experience.
- Knowledge of NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark or SQL
- Experience or understanding of working in a Trusted Research Environment.
- Experience or understanding of development under ISO13485.
This is a highly impactful role with the ability to help shape products that offer life changing benefits. To hear further information, hit apply along with a copy of your CV.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.