WPP is the transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, planet, clients, and communities.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 100,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. We create transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and technology. WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organisations from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN. Our clients include 61 of the FTSE 100, 325 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 62 of the NASDAQ 100.
WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide. We are quoted on the London Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange. Key performance indicators for WPP (2020) include Billings of 46.9bn and Revenue of 12bn.
Visit our LinkedIn page to see what we're up to!
Why we're hiring:
As a Data Engineer in the WPP Enterprise Data Group, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable data solutions providing enterprise-scale data transformation across a broad range of projects.
Your role will be focused on delivery solutions that leverage large scale data ingestion, processing, storage/querying, streaming & batch analytics. As part of a team, you will deliver world-class solutions designed by our data architects by estimating, designing, coding, testing, deploying, and ensuring scalability and performance using the latest frameworks and platforms.
As a hands-on technologist with an extensive data engineering background, you will be joining a group of Data Engineers who are passionate about building the best possible solutions for our business and endorse a culture of life-long learning and collaboration.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, build, test and maintain data pipelines (ETL), according to business and technical requirements.
- Implement secure platforms with data governance in mind.
- Play a key role in automation and building industry leading solutions against architectural best practices.
- Propose technical designs and develop integrations.
- Deliver data migrations between legacy & modern platforms
- Design & deliver data warehousing solutions and key data engineering workstreams for any required solution.
- Support cross-functional teams across the data space.
What you'll need:
Minimum requirements for this role include:
- Experience designing and building scalable distributed data pipelines and dimensional data models
- Experience in Python and SQL
- Experience on Spark based platforms (Databricks preferred)
- Experience in Azure Data Warehousing (Synapse)
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Azure data services Data Factory, DevOps, ADLS gen2, Event Hubs, Azure SQL, Azure Key Vault
- Ideally experience in the following Kafka, Delta Lake, PySpark, Pandas, Airflow
- A demonstrable understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Agile practices, unit & integration tests and development practices using Git.
- Fluency in English.
- Exposure to data science / ML is a plus
- Experience in handling finance data
Who you are:
You're open: We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic: We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.