If you are an experienced Data Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the biggest companies in the nation. Our client has a need for a Data Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will be directly employed by Bartech Staffing as a W2 employee while providing services to our end client.
Your specific duties as a Data Engineer will include:
- Compensation (Range): $78 / hour
- The Cloud Center of Excellence is looking for a Data Engineer focused on problem solving to accelerate the adoption of the cloud first migration and optimization of the Google Cloud Platform. The successful candidate will work with multiple technical and non-technical teams to develop, document and evangelize data engineering best practices: define and create patterns to increase usability, acceptance and Google Cloud Platform enablement. This individual will exhibit deep technical knowledge, leverage agile principles and have a track record of developing full stack data engineering solutions to support customer needs and objectives: ingestion, transformation, curation and visualization. The Cloud Center of Excellence will support the company and the Data Factory investment, development and product roadmap. The Data Engineer will collaborate with both business and technical teams to define data engineering best practices, innovation, improvement, standards and templates. The ideal Data Engineer will be a hands-on keyboard full stack data expert willing to challenge status quo, accelerate on-premise migration to the cloud, while becoming a technical expert within the Google Cloud Platform. This individual must be able to take on hands-on tasks such as developing and implementing automated, auditable best practices and processes to support both business and technical communities. Experimentation, ambiguity and failure is expected; fail fast and fail often. The relentless migration to the cloud.
As a Data Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills to propose solutions, test, and make them a reality. ??? Full Stack Data Engineering Competency in a public cloud ??? Google, MS Azure, AWS ??? Highly Proficient in SQL ??? Python, Java, Scala, or Go (or similar) ??? Cloud native technologist (ideally GCP) ??? Deep understanding of data service ecosystems including data warehousing, lakes, metadata, meshes, fabrics and AI/ML use cases. ??? User experience advocacy through empathetic stakeholder relationship. ??? Effective Communication both internally (with team members) and externally (with stakeholders)
- Drive delivery of efficient data engineering standards, templates, patterns and best practices by effectively using agile process methodology to define work, estimate effort, and measure results. ??? Define and complete full stack data engineering tasks: development, implementation, automation and monitoring. ??? Work with other departments such as the Data Factory Innovation Team and Architecture to actively participate in data engineering capabilities and proofs of concept to expand understanding, find technical limitations, explore options, and overcome challenges. ??? Create high quality, elegant data engineering best practices that focus on cloud-first, encapsulation, repeatability, automation and auditability. ??? Work as an individual contributor as well as part of a team building, maintaining and troubleshooting data pipelines.
- Education Required: Bachelors
As a Data Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with over 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Data Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!