Are you a skilled data engineer who has helped enterprises deploy production-ready data platforms?
Are you keen to implement cutting edge cloud data services, with focus on how consumers use the platform?
Are you interested in building on your existing data and cloud experience?
We’re an innovative tech consultancy – a team of problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
We bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for our people.
We’re looking for data specialists with experience in Data Development, ETL, Data Warehousing and dealing with large sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
About the Role
As a BJSS data engineer you’ll help our clients deploy data pipelines and processes in a production-safe manner, using the latest technologies and with a DataOps culture.
You’ll work in a fast moving, agile environment, within multi-disciplinary teams, delivering modern data platforms into large organisations.
You’ll get to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry on some of the most exciting digital programmes around.
You’ll have the expertise and confidence to work collaboratively with engineers, architects and business analysts in multi-disciplinary teams on client site, and have experience in several of these areas:
- AWS, Azure or GCP data services (e.g. Data Factory, Synapse, Redshift, Glue, Athena, BigQuery, Cloud Data Fusion etc)
- At least one distributed NoSQL database (e.g. HBase, Cassandra).
- Stream processing technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Hadoop ecosystem exposure.
Some of the Perks
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance – you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more…
- We partner with Lifeworks to offer wellbeing support to our employees
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme