Job Role – Data Engineering
We are looking for a Data Engineer with the good understanding of Data Science to report directly to the Data Engineering Manager at 1X2 Network. The main responsibilities of the role will be to work alongside our aggregation platform, games, DevOps/TechOps, operations and account teams and help them throughout the development, support, and business architecture process. This is a great opportunity to join the Engineering team that is creative, fast growing, agile and build a Real time Data Platform.
About 1X2 Network
1X2 has pioneered Virtual Gaming products since 2002 and are now at the forefront of game development with over 150 titles, including Virtual Sports, Table Games, Slots, Instant Win and shortly Multiplayer games in the iGaming industry. The company boasts a wide range of household name clients (over 250 to be precise) including Bet365, BetVictor and Entain (Ladbrokes, Coral, Bwin etc).
Several brands construct the 1X2 Network, each business targeting specific market niches. Our two main brands include Iron Dog Studio, and 1X2gaming, with a wealth of additional partners available on the Network.
1X2 Network Culture
1X2 HQ is located in Brighton on the south coast of the UK, but the company boasts 2 further UK locations… Brentwood in Essex, and Liverpool Street in Central London. This is alongside an office in Malta, plus several remote employees across the globe.
We work energetically, producing and distributing successful mobile and online casino games. Our dedication is rewarded with a variety of social activities and company get-togethers. We are proud of our international team and large global partnerships with leading clients. Travel is occasionally required by 1X2 Network employees when we collaborate and network with other leading iGaming companies at annual festivals and events. We pride ourselves in offering our employee’s a workplace that initiates personal growth with support from a team of confident, experienced and reliable work colleagues.
- As part of the Data Engineering team, the role will be responsible for hands on work within our Data Platform, working on the backend contributing to the ETL, Data Modelling, and Architecture of the platform.
- Integration into the platform of a variety of data sources ranging from Kafka to MySQL databases.
- Designing, building, and maintenance of batch and real-time data pipelines and data solutions.
- Understanding the datasets we have, modelling them optimally and implementing the structure into the existing data model.
- Work with different teams to provide them the data they need to design and build better products.
- Working on real-time data streaming applications, and real-time data accesses by other systems and tools.
- Build data driven applications using AI/ML systems.
- Investigation of data issues and reporting troubleshooting.
The ideal candidate:
- Engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building reliable, efficient data applications systems, services and platforms.
- Good understanding of design choices for data storage and data processing, with a particular focus on cloud data services.
- Understand Data Lake and Data warehousing including ETL work and data modelling.
- Experience in writing complex queries against relational and non-relational data store.
- Experienced Java and/or Python programmer.
- Familiar with version control tools such as GIT.
- A passion for data in general, specifically visualisations, performance measurement and report building.
- Experience with big data and real-time tools would be considered an asset but not a must have.
- Ability to self-organise, pro-active attitude and a strong team spirit are essential.
- Be comfortable working within agile squads and understand different agile methodology.
The Benefits of working at 1X2 Network
- Competitive salary in addition to a company bonus scheme.
- We offer long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop – the job is what you make it!
- A fun working atmosphere working amongst an enthusiastic and dynamic team.
- We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including games pinball machine and table tennis.
- Currently the working environment includes weekly sports/games, Friday drinks, as well as the much anticipated Summer and Christmas parties!
- Flexible remote working – for the right candidates.
- 2-minute walk from Brighton train station
- 5-minute walk from the Brighton Lanes, pubs and night life.
We look forward to reviewing your application.