Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Analyst position will be a key team member on the Clinical Performance (CP) Quality Vendor Performance Management team. This team supports all Optum Care Delivery Organizations (CDOs) in meeting their quality performance measure goals, especially as it relates to the Medicare Advantage Stars program. This team will leverage new and existing vended solutions to address market needs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interfacing with other Optum or UHC stakeholders to develop cross-functional views of performance by measure or by CDO; analyzing program outcomes for insights/trends re target audience
- Collecting/aggregating/analyzing quality vendor programs data against contracted performance measures or service level agreements (SLAs)
- Trending program performance data against established goals or benchmarks; data visualization for CDOs and CP leaders, and for vendor reviews
- Management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on building business intelligence tools, conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality
- Partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analysis to support the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience querying, gathering and analyzing data
- 1+ years of experience with health insurance or health care industry experience
- 1+ years of Tableau project experience
- Coding experience in SQL, SAS, and other analytic and statistical software
- Experience in maintaining motivation to accomplish goals under stringent timelines required
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare plans; plan incentives; financial impacts
- Knowledge and experience with HEDIS/STAR performance measures
- Experience with population health initiatives and monitoring/reporting/analyzing program data
- Experience with performance guarantee or SLA measures
- Client Facing experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Proven ability to successfully conceptualize an initiative, develop a plan and execute the plan through implementation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.