UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a BI Developer you will be responsible for reporting on operational and business metrics and indicators using a standardized approach. You will create specifications, data models, and solutions to develop actionable insights on business performance. You will partner with business stakeholders to define requirements and develop reports that are meaningful and useful to the business. You will assist with creating data models. You will work to create report output suited to different needs such as dashboards, data visualizations, and data summarization. You will work collaboratively and provide guidance and input based on what you learn in data review and during the development and test process. This role will also assist with data validation and data analysis.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops robust reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting for management and staff on a wide variety of business metrics.
- Contributes to analysis, problem definition, requirements gathering, solution development.
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business goals.
- Transforms data into meaningful and easy to understand insights for various audiences.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build dashboards to improve business performance.
- Interact with internal customers to effectively design, implement, operationalize and document reporting that accurately captures business requirements.
- Contribute to evaluation of new tools and technologies as needed.
- Manage implementation of reporting enhancements and changes.
- Communicate with various functional areas and translate technical concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Gather and document requirements from the client/business while focused on process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and/or evaluation of business processes.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Health Administration, or related field
- 3+ years of Healthcare Analytics or similar analytic experience
- 2+ years of experience with Data Visualization / Dashboard tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- 2+ years of experience using SQL query techniques to access relational databases
- 2+ years using medical claims data including hospital, ancillary, and physician
- Experience working in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment or multiple source data warehouse
- Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Actuarial Science, or a related field
- Solid SQL experience, including experience with various database technologies (e.g. Python, R, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, SnowFlake, Hive)
- Experience in prioritizing work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
- Solid knowledge of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, and data management
- Willingness to adapt to a continuously changing environment with changing priorities
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in writing and verbally to individuals and groups
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking
- Adaptability and flexibility to thrive in a dynamic business environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we’re presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn’t imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you’ll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You’ll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you’ll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.