UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Data Scientist/Analyst, you will be responsible for the analysis, management, and manipulation of structured data while reviewing trend analysis, performing normalization operations and assuring data quality.
You will use business intelligence, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform root cause analysis and interpret data. You will work with descriptive and regression-based analytics and apply data-model enforced solutions on a large scale to achieve business critical accuracy in support of industry regulation standards.
The Data Scientist/Analyst will be responsible for collecting, preparing, analyzing, and acting upon data to ensure data integrity. You will partner with analytics consultants and business operations teams to perform your duties. This role will give you the opportunity to use your analytical knowledge and skill to derive insights which will drive actions and generate value from that intelligence by initiating new analytic solutions and by providing input to operations processes.
Youll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Daily administration and proactive monitoring of business-critical data in Salesforce and other related integrated databases
- Manage process queues and mitigate any exception output within expected SLAs
- Collaborate and communicate with business partners
- Manage the quality of data processed through customer submitted data sources
- Perform accuracy checks and resolve exceptions produced by submission processes
- Leverage customized reports and dashboards using the base tools provided by the Analytics team
- Perform proactive data cleansing, merging, de-duplication activities
- Leverage Salesforce platform, Snowflake, ETL, and Einstein analytics tools
- Manage and update multiple databases for consistency
- Research and resolve data anomalies associated with regulated data
- Create data dictionaries to document data types, associated business rules, and remediations paths
- Test and correct errors, and refine changes to database
- Perform end to end diagnostic analytics to identify data anomalies to be resolved and fixed at source
- Assist in development of tools to measure provider directory elements compared to Salesforce to ensure accuracy and alignment
- Answer user questions
- Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in manipulating large data sets while understanding both technical and business impacts (demographics, complex data models, multi-relational data)
- 5+ years of SQL or equivalent data capture experience
- 3+ years of ETL experience
- 1+ years of Python experience including data focused libraries such as pandas
- Experience manipulating large data sets while understanding both technical and business impacts
- Demonstrate proficiency using Salesforce or other CRMs
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
*If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 3+ years of experience in health care data analysis
- Salesforce Admin experience
- Snowflake Experience
- Computer programming basics to interpret and understand logic/code behind
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Soft Skill Match:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and initiative to excel in a fast-paced environment & pivot priorities as business needs shift
- Ability to collaborate with others across multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with end users in various departments
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, youll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.