Are you curious, proactive, and interested in using data to solve problems and make things better? Do you want to dig into data to figure out what to do next and be able to implement your ideas and see how they work out?
Groceries Online is a growing business subject to constant change where decisions are taken based on data analysis. Working within the Operations team, you will be focusing on the home delivery route optimisation, using data to develop configuration solutions to improve efficiency, investigating and solving operational issues and working on development projects to support the changing needs of the business.
To be successful in this role you will have analytical skills programming ideally with R but other relevant languages such as SQL, Python or SAS will be considered.
More about the role:
- Deliver accurate and timely input data for the routing system to optimise online delivery efficiency and productivity.
- Analyse and interpret complex data sources to ensure continuous improvement.
- Model complex business changes and present results to management stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Digital Operations Planning Team to identify opportunities to improve the planning and routing processes and systems.
- Support new business or operational initiatives.
- Work with internal technical teams and third party companies to ensure the systems deliver the required functionality, flexibility and accuracy to deliver business and operational initiatives.
- Provide planning and routing analysis support for key events e.g. Christmas
More about you:
- Natural curiosity – proactively investigate to continually improve planning and routing processes and systems
- Positive can-do attitude – timescales can be tight whilst work on live operational issues, and you will need to actively reprioritise
- Initiative to learn – there isn't a playbook for much of what we do, we pick up what we need to, collaborate with eachother and define the best way forwards
- Proven ability of work cross-functionally and independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex theories and principles to a broad audience
- Ability to deliver analysis and other output that meets agreed timescales
- Previous experience in an operational or logistics environment desirable
In return you'll get
As a Data Analyst Route Optimisation, you'll receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and discretionary bonus, you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 25 days' holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury's, and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how and where they work, combining remote and collaborative working, and giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.