Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Labs is the research and development arm of UnitedHealth Group. We're a diverse team of curious thinkers and experts in big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning, and scientific and clinical research searching for new ways to help people live healthier lives. We partner with world leaders in health care delivery, research, and technology to create disruptive solutions that serve patients, caregivers, providers, and commercial and government payers.
More equitable, effective, and affordable health care – that's our goal. We aren't just trying to improve the care an individual receives. We're building a future where the health care system works better for everyone.
Combining knowledge of healthcare data and a commitment to understanding the nuances in data, the Data Analyst will work across the enterprise to identify and curate key data sources for use in building models and conducting research. Analyses will include identifying the type of data needed, availability of such data, validating the accuracy of such data. Work with business stakeholders and product managers to support data product development, including requirements gathering, identifying potential data assets and build data strategy documents to satisfy the data needed by business teams. Work within all applicable compliance, privacy, and contractual data use requirements as applicable. Coordinate with third party data partners to land and link third party data assets with internal data assets as needed. Effectively communicate data and analytic findings with many levels of the organization, business stakeholders/SME, project managers, developers, system architects, etc. by written word and presentations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- As an integral part of the Optum Labs Data Strategy team, this role will also be responsible leading the build of a data catalogue product as a product manager. This requires understanding the cross functional requirements of the various stakeholders and then working to prioritize the product features accordingly. And work to build an effective training and communication plan to help onboard users into the product.
- The role also delivers data analyses to shape development and expansion of a reliable, documented, governed data assets that best suite current and potential future data needs. Examples include conducting analysis to identify new data assets in the enterprise, recognize data asset trends, potentially enriching dataset to serve specific business use cases, and assuring data quality.
- Work with business stakeholders and product managers to support data product development, including requirements gathering, specifications documentation and user acceptance testing.
- Work within all applicable compliance, privacy and contractual data use requirements as applicable.
- Coordinate with third party data partners to land and link third party data assets with internal data assets as needed.
- Effectively communicate data and analytic findings with many levels of the organization, business stakeholders/SME, project managers, developers, system architects, quality assurance, operations, etc. by written word and presentations.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience as a Data Analyst
- 1+ years experience in the healthcare industry analyzing multiple data asset types (e.g. administrative claims, EMR, etc.).
- 1+ years experience with analytic tool such as SQL, Python, or R
- Demonstrated experience influencing with technical and business stakeholders through verbal and written communications
- Detailed-oriented with strong documentation and tracking skills
- Experience with cloud based analytic tools like PySpark or DataBricks
We Lead with Diversity, Inclusion and Compassion
At Optum Labs, we are dedicated to building teams where every individual is recognized for their unique experience and contributions. Our Leadership Principles underscore our commitment to inclusion, encouraging us to ‘walk in each other’s shoes’ and open doors for our peers.
UnitedHealth Group supports local, regional, and national organizations that share these values through joint initiatives, event and program participation, volunteerism and giving. Through our Connected Communities, employees can connect with others who have similar or different life experiences and backgrounds. These groups are led by peers, supported by Human Capital, and championed by leaders.
We Invest in Talent
Managers at every level are committed to their roles as talent stewards who help guide and nurture professional development. We want our employees to reach their highest level of potential just as they help us reach ours.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.