This important project leadership role creates, improves, manages the process and procedures associated with overseeing WORLDPACs Purchasing operations.
*This is a remote position. Candidates must be in the NorCal surrounding area*
These purchasing operations include the following tasks:
- Assemble, analyze, and track supplier performance metrics (fill rate, on time delivery, warranty percentage, shipping practices, etc..) using Showcase query (database equivalent) and Salesforce (data visualization).
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets and resolve data conflicts in a timely manner using Showcase query (database equivalent) and MS Excel.
- Enhance policy and procedures related to product returns and warranties using Showcase query (database equivalent) and Salesforce (data visualization).
- Conduct process improvement for various warranty and returns procedures using Showcase query (database equivalent) and Salesforce (data visualization).
- Prepare reporting documents and presentations to seek approval for new process & procedures, as well as detailed procedure documentation, teammate training, tracking, and reporting
- Research and gain consensus with internal stakeholders to identify needs, seek out ideas, to reduce problems and improve efficiency regarding current and new purchasing operational projects
- Ability to verify data-integrity for analysis, analyze data for errors and inconsistencies
- Proven analytical skills and use of data query tools
- Thorough understanding of Supplier Performance Management: strategy, KPIs, evaluation, assessing data
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and dive into the data analysis using data quality tools, business intelligence tools, etc., to query the data within WP to gather internal data needed for analysis
- Ability to document, implement, & follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to be flexible and work multiple projects in a single day
- A desire to be a self-starter and drive to find efficiencies to current processes
- Must demonstrate good organizational and follow-up skills and work independently with minimal supervision, including ability to balance multiple tasks
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving capabilities and excellent customer service
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation
- Willingness and aptitude to quickly learn and use job specific computer applications.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to read, analyze and interpret general business information and write business correspondence
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with team members
- Ability to cultivate relationships across functions in order to achieve business objectives
- Automotive experience a plus
- Database knowledge (IBM Showcase query or equivalent)
- Salesforce Administration (or CRM equivalent)
- Robust knowledge of MS Office (Excel, WORD, Power Point)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) as well as good listener as research is required.
- Project management experience
- Ability to document process flow
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Knowledge or experience in managing people
- Capable of assessing current state of operations and functions to improve automation
- Ability to develop and implement standard operations procedures
- BI Power Tool set up and maintenance