Monday 16 May 2022
£32,680 – £40,850
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Here at Lloyds Banking Group, we're recruiting a Data Analyst/Programmer role.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're inspired by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become
the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses
and communities, and we’re playing a central role in crafting a growing UK economy.
About the role:
Join us as a Data Analyst, in our Retail Bank's Customer Services team, where we're on a journey
to build a diverse, highly skilled workforce. Our primary goal is putting things right when they
have gone wrong for customers, which we call rectifications.
SAS or SQL Analyst / Developer / Data Scientist / Coder, there are many names for what we do in
the Data Engineering team. We play a vital role in sourcing, analysing and developing data using
SQL/SAS to accurately and efficiently identify customers affected by rectifications and
calculating any refunds required in accordance with procedures and controls. We work to build our
knowledge through the rectifications we solve and identify ways to standardise work or create new
procedures in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Using advanced data techniques to identify and calculate the customer impact of
- Providing insightful information and advice to guide business decisions
- Collaborating with colleagues in the wider team to help understand and resolve issues for our
- Contributing to continuous improvement of processes, tools and techniques and inputting into
the future approach of the customer rectification journey.
We aim to make processes straight forward and are empowered to challenge thinking and behaviours
to enable the business to adapt and evolve, addressing real customer problems when it matters.
And as we’ve moved towards new ways of working, there is plenty of flexibility on where you can
be based. Aligned to one of our Retail offices (e.g. London, Halifax, Chester, Bristol,
Edinburgh, Birmingham, Belfast, Cardiff, Gloucester), you’ll collaborate with colleagues and
attend team meetings. But there’ll also be plenty of scope for working from home.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for doing the right thing for our customers – you will be involved in understanding
problems affecting customers and working out the right thing to do for them.
- An inquisitive nature – do you like to gather information and join the dots?
- An enthusiasm for problem solving & analysis – you and your team will be investigating and
interpreting data to recommend and support solutions for customers.
- A desire to learn and share their experience for the benefit of the team.
And the following skills and experience:
- Experience of coding using SQL or SAS to manipulate data.
- Practical application of your coding skills within the workplace, in a similar data
- Understanding of how to ensure data produced is robust and accurate.
- Using written and verbal communications skills to present complex data issues to
Previous experience of integrating data across multiple sources would also be advantageous.
What we can offer you!
We’re proud of our people and have a culture of achievement and pride, with inclusion and
wellbeing for all. You’ll be empowered to bring your whole self to work and to put customers at
the heart of everything.
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Up to 15% pension contribution (when you put in 6%)
- 28 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and
professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your
potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and
communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be
themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile or hybrid working and are
happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
If you think this could be the right role for you, we’re waiting for you to apply!
Together we make it possible.
** Salary will be in the range of £32,680 – 40,850 outside of London, and £41,592 – 51,990
for a London base ** .
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover.
Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and
communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial
services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many
opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce
which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a
truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.