GDI is seeking applicants for a Data Analyst who specializes in open source intelligence. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, can successfully navigate complexity and ambiguity, make informed decisions, knows when to reference documentation and when to ask for advice, and leaves things better than they found them.
In this role, you will analyse and communicate your insights to various internal and external audiences, as well as monitor and research disinformation trends.
- Work with data scientists, intel analysts, product managers, and client partners to formulate, research, and analyse solutions to counter online disinformation.
- Compile and communicate analytical reports to internal and external audiences using open-source intelligence, statistics, visualizations, and other methodologies.
- Interpret analysis from machine learning models to help industry partners understand the context of the analysis and the relevance to their business model.
- Identify opportunities to add customer value and develop data products using a range of technical tools.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of experience as a data analyst collaborating with teams of data scientists and product managers.
- Established familiarity with issues related to disinformation, misinformation, propaganda, and extremism.
- Well-rounded knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis, statistics, and open-source intelligence techniques.
- Proficiency with SQL, Excel, and Python/R.
- Experience with data visualization tools and packages, i.e., ggplot, plotly, matplotlib, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to construct technical reports and communicate analysis to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent presentation, writing, and research skills.
- Skills to operate effectively in a fast-paced, complex business, as well as willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
- Training in advocacy or policy research, statistics, social or information sciences, or international diplomacy.
- Professional fluency in languages other than English.
- Problem solver and doer; someone who just “steps up.”
- Past experience working as part of a remote/virtual team.
Remote – Based, and right to work, in the UK, Germany, or the USA (preferably in the following states: Texas, New York, Florida, or D.C.).
Hours and Terms
Working hours are flexible. Full-time (37.5 per week).
As a global organisation, some flexibility for cross-time zone communication to be available for limited virtual meetings outside of office hours is required.
Competitive salary based on location and expertise.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for this role.
ALL APPLICATIONS ENCOURAGED TO BE SUBMITTED BY 18 JANUARY 2022.