Does the world of data inspire you?
Do you want to develop new skills, contributing to a wide variety of projects in an environment that values technical excellence and collaborative working?
We believe that every dataset tells a story and we're looking for data enthusiasts with experience in data analysis and visualisation to join our rapidly expanding Data and AI practice.
We're an innovative tech consultancy – a team of problem solvers. Since 1993 we've been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world's leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
We bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for our people.
We're helping some of the world's largest organisations in UK to build cloud-native data platforms. If you have experience with data exploration, profiling, analysis, modelling, pattern recognition or data visualisation, we'd love to talk to you.
About the Role
In Data at BJSS you'll join multi-disciplinary teams of some of the brightest and best in the industry. You'll work in a fast moving, agile environment building data models and ontologies, and analysing and profiling datasets. You'll design ETL processes and services and create powerful dashboards to bring data insights to life.
You'll help us deliver some of the most exciting digital programmes around, for clients in a range of industries by:
- Applying cross-disciplinary thinking and working collaboratively with other members of your team
- Building a deep understanding of business domain and user needs and ensuring business value is unlocked as early as possible
- Thinking holistically and treating data as a business service
- Designing BI as centre of excellence for business data
We're looking for people who will go an extra mile to understand our clients' strategic and operational challenges and help us to design and deliver innovative solutions.
You'll have worked with:
- ETL tools or have experience profiling and cleaning the data. Preferably with Pandas or SQL
- Data visualisation tools. Primarily Power BI, Tableau or Qlik
- DB model design tools, like Erwin, and know different modelling techniques (Kimball, Inmon, …)
Experience with AWS or Azure would be helpful.
Above all you'll be passionate about unlocking the power of data to deliver business value.
Some of the Perks
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance – you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more…
- We partner with Lifeworks to offer wellbeing support to our employees
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme
BJSS is committed to equal opportunities and diversity so we want to ensure that our recruitment and selection processes are fair to all who wish to apply.
We encourage you to feel confident to let us know if you require any adjustments to be made to the application or interview process to help support you. You can do this by speaking to your BJSS recruitment contact.