UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Data Analyst II, you will act as the Analytical expert and will provide analytic leadership to support Government Program operational reporting and analytics, business insights, reporting, data engineering, forecasting, and process improvements. You'll work closely with business leaders to develop innovative analytic solutions, create actionable insights and drive better decisions and performance to help Government Operation fulfill its mission.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop innovative analytic solutions, create actionable insights and drive better decisions and performance to help the business achieve its business objectives
- Support operational analytics, reporting and process improvement data deep dive, identify and execute on new opportunities for increases in efficiencies and performance
- Data transformation to support front-end reporting analytics, along with ability to understand and utilize ETL ‘back end’ data transformation, development, and configuration
- Analyze technical and domain related issues in live applications, support business queries and questions related to application output and business logic
- Data quality – develop QA processes; create validation and test scenarios and datasets; validate results against data sources and expected business trends; root cause analysis into why trends differ; test & QA data loading, ETL, and reporting processes
- Develop visionary and creative analytic solutions to measure business performance; identifies / quantifies drivers, risks and opportunities and defines solutions to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, projects and / or approaches
- Self-starter with an engaging leadership style, solid influencing and facilitation skills that will quickly develop relationships across the organization while building a collaborative work environment.
- Analytic thought leadership with skills in developing innovative and creative analytic solutions to complex problem
- Solid business acumen and critical thinking ability
- Executive presence and presentation skill – ability to ‘tell a compelling story’ in a concise and effective manner to non-technical executives
- Solid problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate, identify and diagnose problems and make recommendations
- Candidate must be goal-directed, persistent and driven to achieve positive results. Is positive influence on others and deals well with setbacks. Identifies integration issues, removes barriers and tracks project status in order to obtain desired results
- Detail orientation – getting "into the trenches" to evaluate all aspects of operations. Pivotal to success will be the ability to take a hands-on approach to getting the information needed and driving effective and lasting change
- A people leader with Solid ability to develop relationships/influence across functional teams that work across multiple business units
- Serve as a Solid coach and will foster career development of team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server/Oracle/Teradata/IBM DB2/MySQL
- 3+ years of experience in reporting & analysis, data management & reconciliation
- 1+ years of experience with ETL/Data Warehouse concepts; large volume data movement and ETL tools
- 1+ years data visualization skills and experience using Tableau
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience with Agile framework, Data Warehousing Design, Cloud Technologies
- Experience with advanced analytical tools (Python / R / Tiger Graph)
- Experience with Healthcare Exchange / Marketplace / Medicaid / Medicare
- Experience in data process map, workflow, user acceptance testing, and database management
- Experience with data science and AI / ML analytics
- Experience with Big Data platforms (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.