Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist Operations and Business Partners in identifying data and reporting requirements
- Work with the Data Team to analyze data needs, design data architecture, and maintain data warehouse assets
- Support short and long-term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop, recommend, and implement business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Collaborate with customers to help Interpret business requirements and functional specifications to create business requirements and other SOP documents
- Use SQL, Excel, and other data analytical tools to identify data abnormalities and significance that impact analytic rule development and performance
- Responsible for the management and manipulation of mostly structured data, with a focus on conducting analysis to distinguish patterns and recognize trends, performing normalization and troubleshooting operations to assure data quality
- Be part of a group of individuals, dedicated to maintaining and enhancing the overall quality of member contact data from various disparate source systems
- Assist on client calls and serve as subject matter expert on all data fields, values, and adjustment logic
- Team members will typically use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data
- Work on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics and tend to leverage subject matter expert views in the design of their analytics and algorithms
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates degree or higher – preferably in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Data Analytics
- 4+ years of experience with complex data schemas, multi-million row tables, and complex queries using SQL
- 4+ years of experience working with relational databases & database structures (such as SQL server or Oracle)
- 4+ years of experience developing and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience/exposure to data warehousing tools and methodologies
- Experience in Business Analysis (gathering business needs from a client/business unit and documenting requirements)
- Experience with call center environments, Workforce management and performance guarantees
- Experience with Cloud / Big Data platforms such as SnowFlake
- Experience working with statistical tools/methods or significance testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development
- Experience using data and visualization tools, such as Alteryx. PowerBI or SSIS
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.