Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal – the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
In Data, you will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes, establish links with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support, and manage the financial data that feeds the Bloomberg Terminal.
As a Data Analyst, you have the opportunity to develop domain expertise on a specific product while using your technical abilities to improve data management processes.
Analysts have a platform to move from one product to the other, every few years, based on their interests throughout their career in Data. There is growth potential within the department to take on more senior data analyst, data scientist or leadership roles.
Data Analysts possess a unique combination of technical skills and business insight, as well as good communication and ability to build relationships. They use these skills to extract, transform and load timely, accurate and comprehensive data accessible to our clients across various Bloomberg platforms. They play a key role in evolving our products and processes, which makes the role exciting and ambitious. Assisting our clients with their data queries is also key to the role.
We'll trust you to:
- Utilise a variety of software solutions to extract and rationalise data to Bloomberg taxonomies
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Implement business rules for programmatic data validation by codifying market conventions and/or data relationships
- Design and handle workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Build domain expertise and technical skills to generate premium content, including data-driven news stories
- Analyse internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Lead ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Utilise statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of ongoing operations and projects, as required
- Partner with a wide variety of partners from Engineering to Sales on product development
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in English as well as Finnish and/or Norwegian
- Strong passion for data, technology and finance
- Applied proficiency in one or more technical tools such as Python, SQL and R, proven through projects or work experience working with large datasets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding and experience of statistics and data modelling
- Proven attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think creatively and provide out of the box solutions
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with internal and external partners
- Adaptability in a frequently changing environment
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience in information technology, engineering, finance, data analysis or research
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau or QlikSense
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two-stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email . Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or