Data Analyst (x2)
Duration: Contract to 26/04/2022
Rate: Up to £18.54 per hour PAYE including holiday pay or up to £20.80 per hour Umbrella
The successful candidates will be responsible for delivering packages of work containing a range of analysis, reporting and /or visualisation tasks, sometimes directing other team members work as part of this delivery. They will lead the scoping and definition of solutions to routine business problems, planning the work in accordance with SSDA technical and project processes. They will take a role in training junior team members, sharing their technical skills and knowledge.
• They will actively contribute to the scoping, requirement capture and design of data analytics, reporting and visualisation solutions to address routine customer business questions or needs.
• They will use technical processes when developing work plans, and ensure the work is conducted in line with these. Defines simple project plans, in line with project processes, with the support of a senior colleague.
• They will strive to develop advanced data & analytics skills, applying these effectively to improve the outcomes of their work package.
• Builds relationships with customer peers to support effective delivery
• Will supervise the work of others to support delivery of the work package for which they are responsible.
• Be seen by internal and external stakeholders as the primary point of contact for the work package which they lead.
• Have a good knowledge of the relevant data analytics, reporting and visualisation techniques and be able to plan how these techniques can be applied to answer business questions.
• Good understanding of the SSDA technical and project processes, sufficient to plan the delivery of work packages in accordance with these processes with guidance from a senior team member.
• Awareness of Project Management approaches and/or a commitment to develop their PM knowledge.
• Understanding of Shared Services or other customer processes, to support effective planning of work packages and successful delivery.
• Have an intermediate to advanced skill level within key toolsets as relevant to the position, and strive to develop advanced skills though training and application of their learning e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, SSIS, SSRS, Sql, Success Factors reporting.
• Organisational skills to manage own workload across several tasks as well as the contribution of others to the work package for which they are responsible (typically 2-5 separate tasks or a work package containing 2-5 tasks ongoing at a time).
• Ability to structure data insights to present key findings to customers, supporting customer conversations around exploitation opportunities.