Viable Data is an innovative technology, data and UX consultancy, delivering excellence through our projects and providing our people with a supportive culture and opportunities for growth and continuous learning.
We thrive on the challenge of working across different projects, user needs and technologies and our teams and people live this every day. Our people-first approach and culture is central to our growing success as a consultancy.
We are an all-inclusive equal opportunities employer and proudly celebrate diversity. If you thrive on challenge, have a passion to learn and make a difference, and enjoy being part of a growing multidisciplinary team, look no further and start your Viable career, now.
Please note, that due to COVID-19 the role will currently work remotely, until further notice. After this the role will be based, part-time, at our clients' offices in the London area.
As a Data Analyst at Viable Data, you will be someone who can adapt quickly and easily to the flexible needs of our Central Government customers. You will join one of our high-performing consulting teams where you will play a pivotal role in designing & delivering exceptional digital products and services that directly contribute to the delivery of UK policy, economic growth and security.
- Experience of pragmatic, hands-on analysis of enterprise-scale data projects across the full SDLC from design to migration, integration and live service in an Agile environment
- Experience of analysis and design of solutions using one or more from: SQL and noSQL technologies, data streaming, logging and monitoring tools, BI and Data Warehousing solutions and ETL and migration technologies
- A thorough understanding of one or more from: Master Data Management, Data Lineage analysis, Metadata Management, Data Quality assessment and management, Data Transformation and migration
- Ability to apply advanced analytics and statistics techniques to business problems
- Proven experience of working with large volumes of data, applying tools such as SAS, R, Python, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, Looker
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tell stories / influence with data
Mandatory Skills And Experience
- Minimum of 4 years relevant industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities – presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and insights clearly that stakeholders can understand and use. Able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven analysis skills – experience of various data analysis methods at enterprise scale
- People skills – empathetic, great listener and have a natural curiosity to understand people, their motivations and thought processes.
- Experience and understanding of a range of User Centred Design practices
- Organisation, time management and collaboration skills.
Desirable Skills And Experience
- Familiar with GOV.UK Design System and the GDS approach.
- Relevant certifications, studies, or degrees.
Due to the nature of work, candidates will need to hold a valid SC security clearance, or if not in current possession of SC security clearance must be willing to undergo and capable of achieving SC security clearance (including, but not limited to, you must have lived in the UK for the last 5 consecutive years and have a valid passport, birth certificate or residence permit and a UK National Insurance number).
As well as providing a great place to work that has an amazing culture and the opportunity to work on excellent projects where you will really make a difference, we have a whole host of additional employee benefits. Our benefits package includes:
- 25 days leave
- 5 days dedicated training allowance, with individual budget
- Mentoring system, with 6-month review cycles
- Flexible hours and supportive of (partial) remote working
- 5% pension company contributions
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Choice of company laptop (MacBook, Linux or Windows)
For a full list of the benefits of working at Viable Data, see our benefits page.