About Hazel Health
Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and ensure all children can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide on-demand physical and mental health care services to over 2 million students in school districts across the country.
Physical and mental telehealth has become more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation's call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your gifts and talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
The Role: Data Analyst
Location: Fully Remote within the United States
We are looking for a dynamic, empathetic, and action-oriented experienced Data Analyst to join our growing Strategy and Analytics team.
As a Data Analyst, you will have end-to-end visibility into the operations of a high-impact startup and will play a critical role in guiding the work of teammates at all levels of the organization. As Hazel sits at the intersection of three data-rich industries (education, healthcare, and tech), this work is vital to Hazel's near- and long-term success.
What You'll Do:
- Solve tricky problems and generate original, action-oriented insights by analyzing product, clinical, marketing, and account data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to maintain deep understanding of business needs and data sources
- Build sustainable solutions (like reports, dashboards, and other tools) for internal and external customers to ensure focus on driving results
- Support innovative initiatives to expand the scope of our datae.g., primary research efforts, school district data integration, and partnership with other tech companies
- Ensure data integrity by evangelizing our data governance policies and co-creating robust data pipelines
- Minimum three years in a Data Analyst role with increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep technical experience with SQL, other programming languages, data viz and BI tools, and data warehouses
- Passion for our mission
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Enthusiasm for distilling complex information in a consumable, actionable way for internal and external audiences
- Relentless dedication to maintaining data integrity and delivering zero-defect work
- Excellent interpersonal skills with teammates across all levels within the organization
- A natural ownership mindset and entrepreneurial approach
- Comfort with ambiguity and getting scrappy in a humble, fast-paced environment
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive compensation package.
At Hazel, we don't just accept differences-we thrive on it. Having a diverse team makes our company, our products, and our solutions and service to families and schools stronger and better. Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate's consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hazel's Core Values:
- Exceptional Partnership: We seek to understand, align, and then work to exceed the highest expectations of those we serve.
- Always Accountable: We set high standards for ourselves and each other and deliver. We do what we say we are going to do.
- Make it Happen: Every teammate has the power and responsibility to make our company better. We are collectively imagining and building the product and company of our dreams.
- One Team: Our success is driven by building relationships and collaborating across teams, geographies and functions. Bringing in diverse perspectives and understanding everyone's personal story drives to transformative solutions.
- Never Stop Innovating: We are bold. Our goal is to make transformational change. Sometimes we will fail, and we use it to learn and drive forward.
- Drive Impact: Everything comes down to the impact Hazel makes on people – our families and students, our teammates, our partners, our neighbors, ourselves.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer:
- Flexible work hours and the option to work remotely
- Generous, high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K with a 100% employer match for contributions up to 4% of salary
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays annually
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability and employer-sponsored life insurance
- Home office setup including a Macbook and internet and phone reimbursement for remote positions
- A positive, supportive, and passionate team
Our Stance On Diversity:
At Hazel, we don't just accept differences-we thrive on them. We recognize that having diverse perspectives and backgrounds among our teammates makes our company, our solutions, and our service to families and schools stronger. We are committed to making Hazel an inclusive work environment and helping all staff grow professionally.