Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Currently located within Halesowen, however due to some exciting growth we will be expanding and opening new offices in Birmingham City Centre!
Hours: Full time (40 hours)
Salary: 40,000 – 45,000 + benefits (inc private pension, free onsite gym, free daily lunch, 26 days holiday + much more).
Getting Intouch with who we are
In 2001 we were founded as a manufacturer and operator of leisure machines (fruit machines in pub terms). This proved to be a successful concept, but after seeing the online market grow, we wanted a piece of the action, so in 2007 we stepped away from physical machines and entered the online world, launching our first online casino brand MFortune, and what a success this was to be! Such a success that fast forward to today and we now have 8 unique online casino brands with over 300 games!
Now we arent just any normal gaming company, oh no! We do EVERYTHING in house at our head office in Halesowen. From the idea / design of the games, right through to creating and testing them. We create games not only for our own brands but also for other companies too. We even have a multichannel contact centre here who are there for our customers 24/7!
Thanks for sticking around to get to know us a bit more, we hope we will get to know you too! We are looking for a Data Analyst to join us and we hope this could be you! The role is based in the Data Analytics team, analysing complex data sets to identify issues/opportunities and support multiple departments providing practical solutions to ultimately improve the way we work and bring value to the business and our customers!
Heres what you came for the ROLE
- Perform data analysis on complex datasets across different departments, to identify issues and opportunities
- Support and implement practical solutions, which will ultimately improve the way we work and bring value for the business
- Engage with key stakeholders to define analytics/report requirements
- Analyse business process or issues across multiple divisions and define requirement for changes or new initiatives
- Working across a broad range of areas, including Finance, Marketing, Game development and Contact centre, to review business performance in general and quality monitoring – what went well; what could be improved
- Proactively develop and use new analyses, modelling techniques and data-driven tools to better understand our players behaviour and the performance of business areas
- Ensure all work items are tracked and logged appropriately on JIRA project management system. Participate in tracking, estimating, creating, and resolving tasks as appropriate
Key Skills / Essential Requirements
- BSc or BA, within Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer Science preferred
- 2-year experience working with large and complex data models, ideally within B2C and/or internet business
- Proven experience and confident in manipulating, transforming , analysing and providing insights from large datasets
- Proficient in SQL (MySQL / Hadoop hive / BigQuery) , BI solution (Tableau / PowerBI/Looker) and familiar with Python or comparable programming languages for data analysis
- Champion your designated area(s) of the business (Marketing, Finance, CRM etc) from data integrity, accurate reporting, and insightful analysis, to locating and defining new process improvements
- Excellent attention to detail, natural curiosity, ability to problem-solve creatively, and to communicate with global staff and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about the craft, and enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- Strong balance of business thinking alongside analytical and technical skills.
Its YOUR career
As you can see, we love progressing as a business and we feel the same about our people. So many jobs are just that, a job. Here it can be what YOU want it to be. Happy with your job and responsibilities? Great theres no pressure to change this. Happy in your job but want more? Great we will see what we can do to help you. YOU are in charge of YOUR future, whatever your decision we have helped so many through their own unique journey.
We offer REAL benefits
Aside from a career tailored to you, we have many other benefits of working with us. Heres what you can expect:
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- FREE onsite restaurant (homemade meals AND desserts!)
- FREE onsite 24/7 gym (perfect to work off the dessert!)
- Summer is a celebration, so every year we throw a party!
- We have a room dedicated for social activities, once a month you can enjoy our FREE bar, pool & football table, and plenty of games with your colleagues!
- Annual Christmas party
- Lots of calendar-based activities to celebrate key events throughout the year
- More of a casual dresser? No problem we are too, no need to buy unnecessary suits, wear whats in your wardrobe!