Data Analyst (Freight Invoicing)
Location: Corby (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Permanent
About the role:
RS Components spends over 60M per annum on global freight. As part of the Transport strategy, we have identified that we have an opportunity to reduce costs through greater control of the freight invoices from our transport providers. The Freight Invoicing Specialist is responsible for processing transport invoices and will be accountable for ensuring that savings are delivered through validation of spend with transport providers.
The role will receive and process the outputs from the Freight Bill Audit engine as well as manually validate some invoices. You will work with our transport providers to reach resolution of invoicing issues (e.g. invoice inaccuracy and identifying opportunities for service credits) and working with the broader transport optimisation team and our Managed Service transport provider, Kuehne & Nagel.
What you will do:
- Receive and review outputs from the Freight Bill Audit Engine
- Manual validation of some invoices
- Manual validation of duty and tax invoices to support customs compliance team
- Recommend payments for approved invoices, dispute challenged invoices with logistics service providers
- Raise requests for credits/service credits for incorrect billings and under target performance
- Ensure that appropriate parties are informed of resolutions to include other members of the transport team, logistics service providers, accounts payable etc.
- Initiate and lead transport cost savings activities
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive and can meet deadlines under challenging work pressure.
- Experience of the freight Industry
- Attention to details to quickly spot out wrong billings
- Good communication skills
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management
- Good Excel skills
A bit about you:
Nothing gets past you You possess hawk-like attention to detail and you take immense pride in your work, whether it’s copywriting and proofreading, ensuring branding and messaging is in line with the company brand to find the latest news and stories
You can Plan and React‘ You understand the importance of timing, when to move fast on a trending hot topic, or when to plan in advance content that supports national events or recruitment activity.
You have Energy ‘ You approach your work with enthusiasm, positivity, and willingness to deliver the best results, whatever the challenge.
We are RS Group.
RS Group is a global integrated omni-channel solutions partner for industrial B2B customers who design, build, and maintain industrial equipment and operations. We are a FTSE 100 company with 2 billion in revenue, operating in 32 countries, shipping 60,000 parcels a day to over 1.2 million customers worldwide.
Our Vision is to be first choice for all our stakeholders, and we know that starts with our people. At RS we want everyone to show up to work as themselves and know that they will be supported and encouraged to develop and grow. We want work to be a place that excites and empowers, a place where you can be passionate and challenge people to think differently.
We want to hire the best talent, people who share our values and understand that when we act with respect and humility, we can do great things. That’s why we’ve put our purpose at the heart of our organisation, we want to make amazing happen for a better world. We empower our people to make a difference, innovate to make more possible and deliver to make it happen.
Are you ready to explore the possibilities?
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals,
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.