MI Data Analyst – Bristol based (Potentially Leeds, Winchester, Newcastle or Manchester)
Want to join an international law firm with a proud history stretching back over 255 years?
Our client is looking to appoint an MI Data Analyst to join their highly regarded Clinical Risk team. Ideally the candidate would be based in Bristol, but equally, the successful candidate could be based out of their other clinical risk locations (Leeds, Winchester, Newcastle or Manchester).
You will assist with the managing and development of MI data capture across the Clinical Risk Cluster. This will include co-ordinating and delivering required monthly MI returns to their key clients, supporting fee earners in meeting MI requirements of clients, trend analysis and horizon scanning so you can offer external insights to clients based on their MI and also to continually analyse data to help improve internal business performance.
- Ensuring accurate data capture, monitoring and reporting to include:
- Chasing any data errors prior to reporting
- Inputting accurate data on a database or a spreadsheet where appropriate
- Dealing with any MI errors, monitoring the frequency of them and feeding back any issues to fee earner line manager
- Supporting MI reconciliation against agreed database
- Controlling MI report submissions to clients
- Close liaison with internal clients to ensure that MI is captured correctly
- Ensuring the design, development and delivery of analytical models and / or contractual reporting and related tasks within agreed timescales
- Ability to work on a broad portfolio of delivery, ad hoc requests and data requirements that support broader business activity, including analysis of data to help improve business success and performance
- Working with line management and key stakeholders within MI, IT and the wider business to establish robust MI specification
- Liaising with both technical and non-technical professionals to plan and co-ordinate the development and delivery of new regular reporting identifying, and implementing continuous improvement in both service delivery, process reengineering, and product quality
- MI design and production responsibility is integral to the role, so intermediate-advanced skill in key technologies is expected
The ideal candidate will have the following :
- Experience in an analytical role, ideally within an NHS or clinical negligence law firm landscape
- Experience developing and deploying Qlik Sense applications. Systematic approach to problem solving with strong analysis skills
- High standard of data accuracy and IT skills including ability to create and maintain spreadsheets – advanced Excel skills preferred
- Familiarity with Financial and Case Management systems / data structures
- Strong experience of reporting, quality checks and / or analytical projects.
- High standard of communication, including the ability to define and document technical requirements, describe data analytics models outputs and methods clearly, and convey the related benefits to peers, customers and stakeholders as required
This is an exciting opportunity as they are growing their MI and Data Team. The right candidate will have the opportunity to build on, influence and help them innovate their approach to data capture and visualisation.
For a confidential discussion please contact
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Please note: Where a level of experience, such as 'PQE', is indicated, please note that this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit www.jamesonlegal.com