Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You've been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. You've learned to lead. You've build a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. We're driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks perform, costs are contained, and quality and access expands. Here's where you come in. You'll use your knowledge of process management and contractual analysis to help us drive innovations in our global operations. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing, and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Use your analytical skills to design/develop, program, maintain and publish reports
- Make solid recommendations based on the analysis and provide explanations for reporting results for both internal operations and our customers
- You must be self-directed with ability to solve complex issues
- Demonstrates an understanding of data modeling (relationships, data types, tables, etc.) and analytics concepts (queries, reporting, association of data sources)
- Interprets requirements and translates them into data requirements (interfaces, data transformation, etc.) for complex projects
- Collects and interprets data from various internal and external sources; prepares and compiles data
- Demonstrates familiarity in using modeling and reporting tools and how to use them during the analysis process (e.g. SQL and/or Business Objects tools)
- Designs and/or develops specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting to facilitate analysis
- Data mapping (e.g. between source and target databases; mapping screen fields to database columns)
- Assist business and systems analysts with business rule and data integration
- Creates deliverable templates and prepares written materials
- Expresses independent view constructively, even when others disagree
- Communicates effectively with clients and team members
- Creates products using standard software packages (Visio, Word, Access, Excel)
- Experience with creating reports in Tableau
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience performing significant data analysis and report development
- 2+ years of programming knowledge (reporting code) and of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse (using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio)
- 2+ years of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of proficiency in creating reports in Tableau and/or Power BI
- Ability to acquire SF86 Position of Trust /NAC
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Undergraduate degree
- Familiarity with Alteryx
- Proven ability to think outside the box
- Familiarity working with government contracts
- Project management and/or database management experience
- Adapt at verbal presentation and explaining difficult concepts at the director level
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment