Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Clinical Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the development and execution of custom client analytics, providing data-driven strategic insights, and creating customized innovative analytic approaches for strategic clients in a pharmacy services setting. The role supports Optum Rx clinical consulting, account management, operations, and other internal departments. The Senior Clinical Data Analyst will support clients with complex analytical needs, including analyzing and modeling for quarterly performance reviews, and for ad hoc client inquiries. This individual is relied upon to provide detail regarding pharmacy trend and insights garnered from studying the client-specific data. The Senior Clinical Data Analyst will collaborate cross-functionally to drive innovative strategies and solutions directly impacting the team and/or the client. The Senior Clinical Data Analyst translates United Health Group’s culture and values into action and is a role model for others on the team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide superior analytic modeling with a focus on client satisfaction, client retention, and trend management
- Support short and long term operational and strategic business activities
- Develop, enhance and maintain operational information and models that will have an impact on business execution
- Efficiently extract and manipulate pharmacy claim data for internal and external clients
- Use logic and analytic skills to perform client-specific analyses in response to business questions and communicate the findings, including data sources, methodology, outcomes and recommendations
- Communicate drug cost and trend information to requesters and respond to plan-specific analytic inquiries
- Stay aware of market intelligence pertinent to the role
- Formulate client insights based on client data and through ad hoc or custom modeling
- Demonstrate critical thinking by analyzing relevant information with multiple methods
- Demonstrate a growth mindset by staying curious, expecting success, and acting courageously
- Demonstrate a high achievement drive and deliver superior performance
- Generate innovative ideas that can be scaled across the organization
- Routinely identify, develop and share best practice experience with peers
- Routinely collaborate with clinical consulting and account management to provide clinical aspects of client quarterly reviews
- Identify and analyze opportunities to manage trend and add OptumRx products
- Design, execute, and maintain advanced PBM analytics, conduct and evaluate trend analyses
- Present clinical and financial findings based on analytic insights to internal or external partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, Statistics, Economics, related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analytics and conducting advanced analytic modeling for large claims databases with real-world application
- 3+ years of experience querying and analyzing pharmacy claims data
- Experience gathering and documenting requirements from the client/business
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Ability to communicate analysis to business partners and clients in writing and verbally
- Ability to research conflicting or inaccurate data
- Proficiency with relational databases, database structures
- Intermediate level of proficiency with SQL
- 3+ years of managed care or PBM experience
- Advanced level of proficiency with at least one data query and analysis tools (SQL, SAS, Python)
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated solid analytic background
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.