A central member of the EMEA Growth Operations team, the role provides business partners and senior Growth Operation colleagues with support on analysis of sales and client data, ensuring quality of data in our CRM and providing data-backed insights in support of client servicing initiatives. The team enables colleagues to bring the best of Aon to our clients!
This is a hybrid role with the flexibility to work virtually and from an Aon office.
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world. As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Sales and pipeline reporting & analytics
- Proactively connecting with colleagues across the region to discuss data challenges and seek data quality updates from other teams such as country sales ops and marketing colleagues
- Assisting with production of analytics and data-backed insights from different data-sources and ensuring that relevant updates are imported back into the CRM
- Building and maintaining dashboards and analyses using data visualisation tools
- Developing deep knowledge of data management requirements of different commercial initiatives and contributing to EMEA data strategy
How this opportunity is different
This team empowers leaders to make more informed, insight driven decisions to fuel growth, and delivers advanced analytics that allow us to innovate in how we meet client needs. This role will be central in helping Aon achieve its growth objectives.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Analytical mindset and strong data management skills with experience in processing, manipulating, analysing and presenting data are essential
- Ability to be consultative with strong communication skills both verbal and written. Comfortable leading groups of people in discussion
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate ability to form strong relationships with stakeholders of all levels of seniority whether in person, over the phone or via email
- Ability to work independently with excellent workload management and able to prioritise effectively, allowing you to develop and improve our processes
- A commercial interest: Able to understand the importance of serving clients, delivering profitable growth and capable of thinking globally and acting across business lines.
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two "Global Wellbeing Days" each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
NB. Dependent on regional requirements, please include specific benefits where applicable and relevant accommodation criteria and enhanced equal opportunities statement.