BASIS Enablement Pillar Data Warehouse Developer/Data Engineer
- Develop, enhance and integrate data warehouse and analytical data infrastructure solutions.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret business requirements.
- Design, build and test processes to ensure a high level of data quality and optimal system performance for large volumes of data.
- Analyze new data sources for medical claims, member, clinical, call system, and financial data for integration into existing data models.
- Lead initiatives to architect and design Data Warehouse infrastructure and ETL/ELT (extract, transform and load) solutions and maintain existing jobs using technologies such as Oracle PL/SQL, Unix, DataStage, Talend, Python and big data technologies.
- Create complex data extracts from the Data Warehouse.
- Develop technical specifications and design documents.
- Guide, train, instruct and assist team members with technical issues and designs.
- Understand the business and how various data elements and subject areas are utilized.
- Assist as needed to monitor data warehouse daily or weekly ETL batch processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of Data warehouse development and design
- Experience with SQL development, Oracle preferred
- Experience with mid – high volume ETL/ELT
- Strong Data Analysis skills
- Experience with formal System Development Lifecycle and Data Quality processes
- Experience with Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.