Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Airbus Defence and Space are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to join their Cyber Division based in Newport, South Wales
The solutions architect is a senior position responsible to design, develop and deliver an organisation's cyber defence capabilities for computer and network security infrastructure to meet market demands.
Reporting directly to the Lead IT Security Solutions Architect you will work closely with stakeholders to design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems to meet the client's requirements to align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
Location: Newport, South Wales
Salary: £Competitive + Package (DOE)
Job Type: Permanent
Training/ Progression: Training will be provided in key areas where necessary
– You will create architecture design artefacts, ensuring they are technically fit for purpose and follow the engineering and quality processes, standards and principles and create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
– You will carry out requirements Analysis, technical services delivery, third-line support of SOC environments, Consultancy services on security solutions
– Interact with the customer as the technical security subject matter expert and communicate technical topics to those without a technical background
– Act as technical lead across multiple teams, skills and geographies on multiple projects and client
– Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend improvements, influencing key stakeholders where appropriate and investigate new designs and toolsets
– Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
– Degree in IT, information security, engineering, mathematics, or related area, or similar professional experience.
– Industry/ professional/ UK government security qualifications (in particular UK CCP, CISMP, CISSP, TOGAF, ITIL, ISO Audit)
– Technical qualifications (CCNP, MCSE, VMware, SANS, Crest)
Skills and Experience
– Experience of securing on premise infrastructure and cloud solutions
– Experienced in designing and the delivery of security products for SOC services (SIEM, IDPS, Vulnerability Scanning, etc)
– Identity & Access management (IAM) principles & data protection requirements
– Preparation of security reports analysing, and summarising data and trends
– Experience of programming languages, databases and different OS's
– Knowledge of standards and frameworks, both IT and Cyber Security (NIST, SANS, OWASP, IS, etc)
– Agile/ Scrum and DevOps cultures and experience with the affiliated toolset (SecDevOps recommended)
– Proven Track record in Cyber Security Architecture design, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies by designing and implementing security solutions
– Proven Track record in IT Security environment by consulting and engineering in the development and design of security best practices and implementation of security principles across an organization, to align with business goals, customer and regulatory requirements
Because of the nature of work undertaken, these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. If you who meet this criteria you will also undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process – you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process