Do you want to join a team focused on Fidelity s Cryptocurrency, Blockchain and Decentralized Finance programs and initiatives? The Technology Risk team for Enterprise Services (ES) within Enterprise Technology Risk & Analytics (ETRA) group is seeking a passionate, driven, and experienced professional to join the team! You will help enhance and manage the core program activities, this includes refining and performing the technology risk strategy and program, and working with Technology, Operations, Legal Risk and Compliance teams to holistically manage technology risk of crypto initiatives across the Firm.
The Expertise We re Looking For
- Experience with cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, smart contracts, NFTs
- 6-8 years experience in information technology risk, cyber security, controls or audit roles
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, or a related field of study preferred
- Demonstrated technical abilities in multiple areas (e.g., technology infrastructure and application controls, cyber security, access management, network and cloud, resiliency, etc.)
- Professional technology risk certifications (CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM) and/or Cloud Certification(s) (CCSP, CCSK, AWS) preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
In this position you will act as a consultant and share expertise in crypto and blockchain information technology controls design, effectiveness, management and monitoring for new and existing Crypto and Blockchain initiatives across the firm.
The Skills You Bring
- Your curiosity and desire to support innovative business units in understanding and managing the risk of emerging technologies in the cryptocurrency, blockchain, and decentralized finance spaces.
- Ability to research and quickly get up to speed on new initiative and technologies, see ways to apply existing processes and controls to new situations and mitigate new types of technology risk
- Willingness to assess and handle technology risks in areas of the firm that are on the cutting edge, supporting the newest product developments and outside of the box activities with a dynamic can do attitude.
- Your love of solving complex problems, and comfort with ambiguous situations, and your ability to help solution innovative ways to mitigate risk using your advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience with information technology processes and controls and a comprehensive understanding of risk and quality control and assurance functions
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills enabling candidate to prepare and present recommendations to senior management
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and to work under stress to meet tight time commitments
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with Information Technology and Business personnel to design and assist in the execution of appropriate controls design and monitoring
- Ability to influence information technology leaders in the effective review and management of controls to mitigate risk in an emerging technology area
The Value You Deliver
- Establishing an IT Risk Strategy and Framework specific to the Crypto and Blockchain space, with a focus on business impacts
- Providing advice, guidance, and IT risk program management
- Assessing the various information technology risks that the business faces in its operations and implement action plans, policy and procedural changes for risk avoidance and mitigation
- Conducting in depth information technology risk assessments including identifying and documenting controls, creating detailed process flows, identifying potential gaps and/or inconsistencies and making sound recommendations for improvement and/or mitigation
- Determining appropriate KPIs/KRIs for IT risk monitoring
- Understanding and consulting on information security standards and industry best practices
- Ensuring that DI Associates are trained and knowledgeable about information technology controls
- Reviewing third party vendors and contracts to ensure appropriate controls are in place and functioning effectively
- Answering inquiries from internal and external Audit on information technology controls
- Tracking action steps and ensure that findings are remediated appropriately and in a timely manner
- Conducting readiness reviews over large information technology development projects ensuring strong risk management
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.