Job Title: Crypto Engineer
Location: Sheffield (hybrid working available)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent.
Since 1990, TNS has been a preferred supplier of networking and integrated data services to many leading organizations in the global payments and financial communities, as well as a provider of extensive telecommunications network solutions to service providers.
TNS manages some of the largest real-time data communication networks in the world, enabling industry participants to simply, securely and reliably interact and transact with other businesses, to access the data and applications they need, over managed and secure communications platforms. TNS' existing footprint supports millions of connections and provides access to critical databases. TNS' network securely blends private and public networking to enable customers to utilize a single connection for 'one-to-many' and 'many-to-many' connections over a global platform.
The Cryptography Engineer will be responsible for the management of cryptographic keys, Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) and associated system infrastructure necessary to ensure information confidentiality, integrity, and availability. The ideal candidate will provide non-technical and technical support for key management processes, analysis, and problem resolution to support ongoing delivery of services and or operations. Understanding of cryptographic services and of how the cryptographic security keys work and function to protect data in transit and rest.
All aspects of this job require a high level of confidentiality and integrity.
Manage lifecycle of cryptographic equipment including:
- Participate in evaluation and procurement according to the business needs of TNS at the time
- Schedule deployment and configuration – in many cases in-person – of cryptographic equipment
- Patch firmware as necessary
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support and engage with other experts as necessary to resolve problems
- Manage equipment end-of-life and arrange for replacement and decommission of equipment.
Manage lifecycle of cryptographic keys including in accordance with established procedures:
- Planning and scheduling so keys are replaced within a specified lifetime
- Coordinate and Manage Staff designated as Key Custodians to handle secure generation of key material
- Act as one of several key custodians
- Communicate with third parties to arrange secure key distribution
- Arrange with system owners to implement key changes
- Manage documentation library
- Arrange with document authors to perform annual documentation reviews as they become due
- Arrange for new documents to be given document control numbers and archived
- Retire old or irrelevant documents
- Processing SSL certificate requests from internal customers
- Assist with deployment and installation of certificates when needed
- Maintain, track, and follow expiry of SSL certificates and chase customers when needed.
- Support compliance audits by collating and presenting evidence as requested by the Risk Management team, and being available for interview by auditors.
Must Be able to work within a Team and as an individual.Must be able to resolve issues onsite in a timely manner to maintain Service uptime.Must be able to follow processes and procedures.Must be willing to travel (up to 20%)Must be well organized
- Basic understanding of cryptography and cryptographic techniques is an asset
- Working knowledge of Linux is an asset
- Knowledge of basic networking is an asset
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques, protocols, encryption methodologies, and key life cycle requirements
- Working knowledge of encryption processing equipment, including Hardware Security Modules (HSM) from SafeNet and Thales
- Knowledge of the standards and regulations applicable to cryptography, key management, and the payments industry, i.e., ISO, PCI, FIPS, PKCS, LINK, Visa PIN
Education and Certifications
- Appropriate Bachelors level qualification or experience in relevant positions
- Any applicable security or IT certifications
- Competitive salary (Varies depending on experience)
- 25 days Holiday + Bank holidays
- Friendly and supportive team culture
- Optional Private Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Free Parking
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Cryptography Engineer, Cryptography, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, Hardware Engineer, will also be considered for this role.