Are you passionate about compliance data, a changing regulatory landscape and getting a deep understanding of the impact of this when adding value to the customer?
If so, we want to hear from you.
Driven by our mission to bring transparency to shipping, Lloyd’s List Intelligence transforms data, information and expertise into actionable analytics, insight and perspective that create value for customers. For almost 300 years we’ve been the go-to partner for maritime intelligence and today help over 60,000 professionals do their jobs better.
Lloyd’s List Intelligence, a global company, part of Informa plc, is looking for an experienced Compliance Data Manager as a new role to join the Risk & Compliance Data team, to drive improvements in compliance data management and regulation monitoring (including sanctions and environmental regulations).
Lloyd’s List Intelligence has a highly ambitious Content and Product Roadmap for 2022 that the Compliance Data Manager will play a significant part in supporting to deliver. The candidate will be expected to work across the entire data and analytics team to ensure our COACT data quality framework is present in all data enhancements, new datasets, data acquisition and partnerships.
Significant to this role is the expansion of sanction mapping, company structures, AML, KYC checks and risk area monitoring, which the successful candidate will lead on. The role will be responsible for our customer query service, Ask-the-Analyst, on sanction and compliance queries, as well as validating and quality checking the use of sanctions and compliance data in our machine learning models to give accurate risk assessments to ensure that customer needs are being maintained at the fore.
- Use COACT to ensure the integrity of all compliance and regulatory data sets. Plan, lead and deliver the addition of new sanction and regulatory lists and evaluation of new datasets
- Respond to inbound customer queries through the “Ask-the-Analyst” service related to sanctions, risk areas and compliance, ensuring they are handled in an efficient and timely manner and escalate challenges or concerns to senior management
- Monitor data quality and present Lloyd’s List Intelligence management with cost-effective opportunities to expand and improve data that deliver customers increasingly timely and comprehensive data
- Create and improve processes and maintain clear methodology and training documents across areas of focus
- Lead on timely delivery of projects, such as the Lloyd’s List Intelligence Data Quality Programme
- Ensure all key supplier relationships managed by the team are governed by up-to-date agreements, and identify and negotiate new data sharing agreements
- Provide support throughout tender process, governance, building templates, reference documentation
Competencies and Skills required to be successful in the role:
- Data management skills -ability to manipulate proprietary databases and Excel Workbooks for data collection and analysis
- The candidate should have working experience on compliance and/or regulatory issues; complex due diligence and corporate investigations; or related topics
- Software skills – Advanced level Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to translate raw data and concepts into graphical reports
- Ability to use data and analytics to communicate opportunities, report impact and inform plans
- Innovative approach to problem-solving and process enhancements
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on-time results
Nice to have
- Other software / program knowledge in data visualisation would be advantageous
- Graph database manipulation and natural language processing would be an advantage
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, we are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options – become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities