Commercial Data Analyst
It's an exciting time for us. We are well on our way to becoming the UK's biggest and best digital insurer; and with this in mind, we are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Telematics team and play a crucial part in our journey to the top.
The purpose of this role is to act as the point of contact for the Commercial Manager to complete key analysis in a variety of areas to inform both commercial and customer outcomes, highlighting any opportunities that arise via in-depth analyses. You will be involved in a number of important commercial areas, including identifying emerging market & trading trends and analysing performance.
How you'll make a difference
- To be the key point of contact for the Commercial Manager and the Telematics Team for the production and analysis of MI
- Building and delivering robust MI and BI reporting to provide oversight to key stakeholders to support trading and business decisions.
- Using MI to identify key trends, spotting trading anomalies and working with the data analytics & pricing manager to take action to support performance
- Analysing data and producing suggestions to support our trading position
- Conducting ad hoc analysis, creating & testing various hypotheses
- Ownership of key business processes ensuring delivery within agreed timeframes, with an eye to improving the team's productivity via automated solutions
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
- Highly analytical; able to clean, scrutinize and interrogate high volumes of complex data and translate into meaningful reports, insights and high-level management information
- Have a passion for data quality and integrity, cleansing and querying data from structured databases
- Advanced skills in the use of MS office applications
- Good communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
- Keen eye for detail
- Pro-active approach to driving change
- Confidence to express opinions and challenge others
- Experience working with analytical, statistical & data manipulation packages (e.g. SQL)
- Knowledge of Insurance market & competitors
- Proven research skills, including ability to formulate hypotheses and identify ways to prove or disprove these with targeted tests
- Experience delivering commercial targets
- Educated to A level in a numerical field
- Advantageous to have a BSc/MSc in Statistics / Computer Science / Physics / Operational Research / Engineering / Maths or other quantitative field
What you will get in return;
Some of the great benefits we will give you;
- Highly competitive basic salary
- Up to 5% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 25 days holiday and bank holidays (plus buy and sell up to 5 days)
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.