As a Software Engineer, build and maintain large scale data processing systems. Apply variety of technologies to develop innovative data solutions. This role is a critical element to delivering Fidelity s promise of creating the best customer experiences in financial services.
PI Data Engineering team (part of PI Technology BU) is passionate about delivering data solutions for the organization. As part of this team, you will responsible for building advanced analytics solutions using various cloud technologies and collaborating with business units across Fidelity.
The Expertise You Have
- Has Bachelor s or Master s Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in implementing data engineering solutions in data analytics space
- 2+ years of experience in developing data applications in Cloud (AWS)
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python) and building micro services (APIs) using AWS Services.
- Expertise in Relational (AWS RDS, Oracle & Postgres) and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Elastic search, Graph database) and in-memory technologies (Elastic Cache).
- Experience developing event-driven/event stream processing applications using messaging technologies (ActiveMQ, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Kafka, Lambda etc..) is a plus.
- Experience developing ETL/ELT solutions using native AWS services.
- Good understanding of developing highly scalable distributed systems using AWS Services and Open-source technologies.
- Good understanding of containerization, orchestration technologies and DevOps functionality (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Chef, Docker).
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM) is a plus.
- Understanding of Machine Learning is a plus.
The Skills You Bring
- You have strong technical design and analysis skill.
- You the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced environment.
- Good experience supporting critical applications quickly.
- You have excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels.
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization.
- Your ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements.
- Knowledge and technology trends in implementing of data driven ecosystem
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The Value You Deliver
- Designing, Building and supporting critical applications to provide the best customer experience.
- Exploring new technology trends and using them to simplify our data ecosystem.
- Driving Innovation and implementing solutions with future thinking.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs.
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and efficiency.
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks.
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity’we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling u0022Dynamic Working.u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.