Job ID:R0204216 Listed: 2022-09-08 Regular/Temporary: Regular Location: London
Job Title: Cloud Platform Engineer – Big Data Engineer
Corporate Title: Associate
Deutsche Bank (DB) Technology (Tech) is a global team of tech specialists, spread across multiple trading hubs and tech centres. We have a strong focus on promoting technical excellence – our engineers work at the forefront of financial services innovation using cutting-edge technologies.
You will be part of the DB Market Risk Technology team, where platforms utilise large-scale distributed computing capability and Big Data technologies to process over600 billion scenario points a day for Market & Credit Risk metrics with dynamic aggregation capability acrossthe raw scenarios to generate metrics such as VAR, Expected Potential Exposure andPortfolio Stress Scenario Metrics.You be part of the team committed to developing new innovationsthat provide self-service analytics anddashboarding capability to our clients through the form of a Python toolkit servicing over 500 risk and analytics users across the Bank.
What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Hybrid Working arrangements with the opportunity to work in the office and remotely from home
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your key responsibilities
- You will collaborate with Product Managers, user experience designers and functional analysts to understand new user-facing desktop and mobile features
- You will build the required features as a member of an agile feature team
- Cooperate with our quality assurance team to ensure the quality of all changes to the platform
- Participate in iteration planning and sprint review ceremonies and engage with your feature team in the SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) PI process
- You will help maintain code quality via code reviews
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor degree – STEM preferred
- knowledge of Spark, Hive, HDFS and SQL
- Good standard Python of programming and strong hands-on delivery track record
- Good exposure to computational concepts
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How we'll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.