360 Recruitment are a specialist Technology recruiter, currently recruiting Cloud Engineers to join one of the fastest-growing IT Managed Service Provider in the UK.
Role:Cloud EngineerSalary:Up to 45,000 + Benefits (If your salary requirement is higher than advertised, we are still keen to hear from you)Permanent Role:Full Time – Permanent
Location:Working Remotely / Work from HomeAbout the Role: Hands-on operational support for a Cloud infrastructure, including monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining data centre and platform infrastructure. Also, contribute to the ongoing management/support of the various Cloud environments and associated underlying technologies.
- Assist the Cloud team with project work and service improvements as and when required.
- Provisioning of customer facing services in line with technical documentation.
- Carry out proactive tasks in a timely and effective manner to help maximize platform and service uptime and to prevent reoccurring issues, such as resolving monitoring alerts, deploying security updates, checking watch points and other general platform/systems maintenance and administration that may be required.
- Act as an escalation point, progressing support incidents and technical escalations in line with SLA’s, including escalation of incidents that the Service Desk are unable to resolve.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day BAU activities and project work, compliance and capacity against agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Operational Level Agreements (OLAs), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Service Level Targets (SLTs).
- Other ad-hoc activities that may from time to time be requested by the line manager.
- Participation in the out of hours on-call rota is an expected part of the role.
Hands on experience and knowledge of:-
- Private, public and hybrid cloud hosting technologies
- Dedicated and multi-tenant environments
- Windows server and Linux operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory, including group policy administration
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/Online
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, Hyper-V and KVM/Xen
- Backup/data replication technologies such as Carbonite (SecureVault),Zerto and Veeam
- Powershell scripting
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Firewalling technologies including Fortigate and Clavister
- HPe and Dell hardware
- Citrix and RDS
- Principles of networking and switching
- IP addressing and subnetting
- Routing protocols such as OSPF
- SAN/NAS storage technologies
If the role of Cloud Engineer is right for you, please forward your CV to us and a specialist recruiter will be in contact with you immediately.